New fedex policy same fedex bullsh*t

tpruitt

Just to let you guys know as I just got back from FedEx.
Any package valued OVER $500 there now going to open your package and check the item inside.

Yeah,I sold an amp and had it bubble wrapped and double boxed and they opened it.
Then got pissy with me because I asked to watch them repack it.

So who uses ups? Are they any better?

It definitely varies depending on your area, but where I'm at (central Louisiana) Fedex is the worst of the worst. I die a little inside anytime I buy something and then see that I got a Fedex tracking number. I can't remember the last time they smoothly delivered a package to me without fake "delivery attempted" notifications for days

I've also had them "deliver" an $1800 laptop I ordered to some random person who wasn't me and they were zero help in addressing the situation.

FedEx or a FedEx store like FedEx Kinkos? My local FedEx Kinkos used to always try this crap before I got a FedEx account and started using prapaid labels and dropping stuff off.

They've been doing this for a while at my local Fedex. But, that way you are covered in case of damage since they 'inspected' it before shipping.

I would never ship a tube amp w/o a roadcase.
FedEx shipped an amp for me from midwest to LA and back and it was un-eventful because of the roadcase.

Just to let you guys know as I just got back from FedEx.
Any package valued OVER $500 there now going to open your package and check the item inside.

Yeah,I sold an amp and had it bubble wrapped and double boxed and they opened it.
Then got pissy with me because I asked to watch them repack it.

So who uses ups? Are they any better?
They have had that rule for years, made me pull out a Bogner Ectasy 101b almost 17 years ago.

I think they just enforce it when they feel like it.

That's weird, I've never had them do anything like that to me. And Fed Ex provides the best service for shipment untouched for me in Tennessee. I hate UPS with a passion and the USPS is a little below Fed Ex, but far above UPS, at least in my experience.

Why's it matter to them? It's not like they honor or pay out on claims.

I've been very lucky for awhile now with all three carriers. Makes me nervous.

That's weird, I've never had them do anything like that to me. And Fed Ex provides the best service for shipment untouched for me in Tennessee. I hate UPS with a passion and the USPS is a little below Fed Ex, but far above UPS, at least in my experience.
IMO what the OP described would happen only to a particular customer FedEx had problems with before.
Ive never heard of it either & i just got $ 900+ FedEx delivery today about 2 hours ago.

Last edited:
They've been doing this for a while at my local Fedex. But, that way you are covered in case of damage since they 'inspected' it before shipping.
This makes sense but I don't trust them. I would actually say to them; "OK; but if you do that YOU packed it." And make sure the paper reflected that.

I've had FedEx take my money for 'coverage' and then not cover when the item wasn't delivered so I just don't trust them at all.

If they key in the label, they'll generally want to see how it's packed. If you get your own account and print your own labels, as stated above, you just go in an they scan it and move along. Everyone should ship on an account as the rates are cheaper too.
I'm not sure if this is the case with Fedex but if you pack and ship on your own account with UPS, and drop it at a UPS store, your insurance is null and void. They used to not tell you this, but now a pop up window comes up that states it must be directly handed to a driver and driver must sign your receipt, if valued over $1,000, or your insurance is null and void. I was told this long ago by a store owner and confirmed it soon after.

IMO Fed ex and UPS SUCK. I buy parts every other day and sent USPS no problem. Sent by the other two fuckups hold on something fucked is gonna happen. Everytime almost

True...sold a 7 string about 18 months ago, and they did this. Opened it up, found a second box. I said under the second box is a guitar case. She didn't open that. Just approved it.

Back