Cameron CCV for sale in Canada

Is Mark mentally ill?
He helped me out a few years back with modifying a Bogner at the time, he was extremely helpful and asked absolutely nothing of me…
However, of course, sadly, I’ve heard how many people lost $$.
I’d still like to find a pre Brad era CCV, from someone who is asleep 😂

Is Mark mentally ill?
He helped me out a few years back with modifying a Bogner at the time, he was extremely helpful and asked absolutely nothing of me…
However, of course, sadly, I’ve heard how many people lost $$.
I’d still like to find a pre Brad era CCV, from someone who is asleep 😂
I wouldn't pay $200 for one, even used. I feel like I am supporting a thief and spitting in the eye of everyone he has screwed over and never made right, quite a few on this very forum. Wayyy too many talented builders out there now making killer amps to even want to be associated with him at all.

This post was not meant to start a trash talk on Mark ,,, Just a post giving a heads up on a Cameron amp that rarely comes up for sale , there has been posts in the past from forum members looking to buy one .. like I said , just giving a heads up

I wouldn't pay $200 for one, even used. I feel like I am supporting a thief and spitting in the eye of everyone he has screwed over and never made right, quite a few on this very forum. Wayyy too many talented builders out there now making killer amps to even want to be associated with him at all.
...and this is where you lose me with your 'logic'. Buying an amp that's possibly 10 years or more distanced from the builder, and been bought and sold who knows how many times.
How the fuck is that supporting Cameron?
It isn't, in any way or on any level.

Mine wasn’t too cool. Agreed.

This dude, FourT6and2, is a gnarly builder. Builds amps that hang with the CCV. And a good dude on top.

Thanks for the kind words dude!

Yeah, the CCV I had was riddled with errors and shoddy workmanship. I don't think Barrang was really an amp builder, just an electronics contractor. They probably built small runs of microwaves and other appliances lol.

A few years ago I was casually asked if I was interested in ghost building a future run of CCVs. But that wasn't a Pandora's Box I wanted to open.

...and this is where you lose me with your 'logic'. Buying an amp that's possibly 10 years or more distanced from the builder, and been bought and sold who knows how many times.
How the fuck is that supporting Cameron?
It isn't, in any way or on any level.
Your opinion. I have mine. I'd want nothing to do with the guy. Simple as.

I thought about trading for a CCV but not one person with one contacted me so I changed my mind. Really just out of curiosity more than anything. I sold the metroplex and then had an issue after it sold, and I ended up just keeping it.

No way in hell I’d pay 7k US for a CCV though when I can build and mod my own to do what I want.

My CCV and Chris's CCM. These are the originals. Great amps!
CCV.jpg
CCM.jpg

I have both an early, pre-production Mark-built CCV and a regular production version CCV. They're pretty different sounding. In no way do I think the production version is garbage though, and I have pretty decent standards I think. Maybe I got a good one, who knows. But it doesn't have noise issues or other drama.

The pre-prod is a beast. Huge low end and just a great tone all around. The production CCV sounds great too. More upper -mid Marshall type sound.

I have both an early, pre-production Mark-built CCV and a regular production version CCV. They're pretty different sounding. In no way do I think the production version is garbage though, and I have pretty decent standards I think. Maybe I got a good one, who knows. But it doesn't have noise issues or other drama.

The pre-prod is a beast. Huge low end and just a great tone all around. The production CCV sounds great too. More upper -mid Marshall type sound.
I have a production CCV, and it is so quiet its a little weird. I know pretty much nothing technical about amps, don't really fool around inside them and the most I've ever done myself has been to change some preamp tubes, so whether or not the production CCVs are poorly built I am not sure, but I can say I've never had a moment's trouble with mine. The placement of the knobs in relation to the bottom of the head box is a little puzzling though :giggle:. I'd never pay that much for an amp, any amp unless I truly had money to burn.

Back