Cameron CCV for sale in Canada

Most overrated amps ever. There, I said it. I’ve owned 3 Cameron built and played a few others. Give me a JMP or even a JCM 2000 DSL with a boost any day of the week. Sorry not sorry
Amplifire, you don't understand man...,
"it sounds like the ocean"..
( in Mark's ear while spooning together
on the couch).

I‘ve owned an original MC built CCV and a Brad CCV and I had them side by side. Build quality aside, which I can’t opine on, they sounded the same to us. Maybe slight EQ differences to get them to sound a like. Neither were worth anywhere near what people pay for them these days.

I never got it, Mark modded two amps for me when he only charged $350, should have kept them and sold them for stupid money. I didnt jive with them about like a Uberschall/ the most useless amp I ever purchased.

Wow, first thread I've read on here where people are saying they didn't like Cameron amps. . The asking prices are totally ridiculous now and only aimed at rich people, and I fully understand people not wanting to buy them over the years de to the ripping people off stuff, but now people are saying they aren't great sounding amps. . hmmmm.. Totally against everything Rig-Talk has stood for for the past 10 years

Eric

Wow, first thread I've read on here where people are saying they didn't like Cameron amps. . The asking prices are totally ridiculous now and only aimed at rich people, and I fully understand people not wanting to buy them over the years de to the ripping people off stuff, but now people are saying they aren't great sounding amps. . hmmmm.. Totally against everything Rig-Talk has stood for for the past 10 years

Eric
It's been a mix. Some people rave about them. Some people have scratched their heads and said just to buy a Mark III etc. There are just enough of the former to keep the prices and interest up. I've never played one and I'm sure they sound great; lots of amps do.

Eric
The nut swingers just aren’t posting here anymore. I’ve had quite a few Cameron amps over the years and I’d take one of Marks mods on a 70’s JMP over a CCV any day.

The nut swingers just aren’t posting here anymore. I’ve had quite a few Cameron amps over the years and I’d take one of Marks mods on a 70’s JMP over a CCV any day.

Best Cameron I played was a 50 watt JCM800 with Aldrich and a bunch of tone shaping additions. I have had a handful of his modded Marshalls and that was the one I liked best, by far.

The secrets are out. There are guys on this forum that can build you whatever you want (and you will actually get your amp back!) It's not 2006 anymore.
Problem is, none will feel like a Cameron. Close, but not the same.

Nah. My modded JCA20 feels just like every Cameron I’ve owned. It is 98% like my old CCV. The last 2% is EL34’s sound vs EL84 sound. Granted Mark helped me with it giving me ideas to try, etc. I use it all the time along with a shitty Randall RG.

I still feel my old CCV was the best amp I’ve ever owned. I just didn’t need it anymore. For 11 years it kept me out of the amp flipping game and probably saved me a $1,000 in losses and shipping.

Hope this guy gets his asking price. 👍

Eric
Do guitar forums really "stand for anything" at all ?

Back