Charvel Score

scottosan

Box of mutt parts:

USA neck prepro logo rosewood inlays brass.l markers. Possibly legacy run, nitro series or custom shop. Best example of quartersawn I’ve seen in a while
Japanese body
Duncan JB/APH1N
Floyd Rose

$300. Woohoo…

I will probably swap the Floyd out for a non-fine tuning Floyd to match the neck. The neck is butter. The 3 way switch was busted. Easy fix

$300?

Unbelievable man. Well done! :rock:

Might be worth adding SS frets if you're into them seeing as you've already saved so much... :confused:

Nice! Congrats..serious question though, aren't there neck heel markings for Custom shops? The few that I've had did...but I haven't owned a legacy/nitro pre pro copy.
Even so for 300 that's a score.

Nice! Congrats..serious question though, aren't there neck heel markings for Custom shops? The few that I've had did...but I haven't owned a legacy/nitro pre pro copy.
Even so for 300 that's a score.
There is writing on this. It’s I t the end near the heel truss. I can get a pic later

What’s the neck shape? I’m curious about it. Pre-pro reissue necks were all birdseye. Same with the nitro series 🤷 ?

Legacy Charvels didn’t come in Robins Egg Blue that I know of… but the logo doesn’t say “made in USA”. It’s an interesting find, especially with 21 frets.

What’s the neck shape? I’m curious about it. Pre-pro reissue necks were all birdseye. Same with the nitro series 🤷 ?

Legacy Charvels didn’t come in Robins Egg Blue that I know of… but the logo doesn’t say “made in USA”. It’s an interesting find, especially with 21 frets.
The 40th anniversary necks were quartersawn but had black dots. So while it doesn’t fit into a specific run, my guess is that it’s a custom order. The guy that runs the vintage Charvel facebook group has seen a couple in this configuration although we know it’s clearly not vintage

Last edited:

Looks to be like 11-12” radius board. I don’t have calipers buy it I had to guess I’d put it at the thinner side of .79-8? Feels very much like my CS zebra I hade a while ago

It breaths but I need some assistance with the cosmetics. I’ve ordered a black non fine tuning Floyd. I’m going to go either black or brass knob. Even though the body was originally direct mount, someone used fat wood screws and attached pickup rings crookedly. I filled them I. And I don’t think I want to refinish this, so I am thinking about either putting cream or black rings. Keep in mind, the pickups have to stat direct mount since the routes are shallow unless I want to route for less or at least screw holes. I was thinking using rings with a faux adjustment screw head. Thoughts?

upload images

Back