General question about Warmoth

Martymig

I've ordered a custom neck from these guys back in late June. They said 4 months and it's approaching in about 6 weeks.
How good are these guys ? I've heard good stuff about them.
In case your wondering what I'm doing is replacing the neck on my Hendrix Tribute Strat. It's Mexican made, which in my book is inferior. Garbage wood and the feel of them I cannot tolerate. It's unfinished and the C shape they use is way to thin and edged.

I've heard nothing but good things. Even when they screw up they go above and beyond to make it right from the reviews I've seen.

Covid has been a bitch though. I have an Aviator custom that was supposed to take 6 months and it's been 5 months but it's likely another 2-3 months

My KSR Ares has been on order since May and they were turning them out quick but mine is taking longer than expected due to not being able to get transformers.

Demand has went up and supply chain is fucked. Not the best time to order.

I have a warmoth reversed headstock hockey on one of my kramers .
I had it since 07 I think ?
It is great.
That's what I did, I'm having the headstock reversed. I have different pick ups I'm putting in it. I bought these from some guy in Russia off ebay. He custom builds these. I bought a 1967 Stratocaster set. This is for the Hendrix tribute Stratocaster. It's Mexican made and the neck is awful and it's just a normal set of Fender Vintage 65's pick ups in it but, what I'm doing is a step higher. These customs I'm swapping are way better sounding.

I bought a parts guitar a while back that had a Warmoth body and an Allparts neck. I wasn’t really digging the neck so I ordered up a Warmoth. I was amazed in the difference in tone, for the better, that the guitar sounded with the Warmoth. I’ve built a couple more since.

D4392956-2D46-4623-AFD6-4A0C8378AD67.jpeg
D4392956-2D46-4623-AFD6-4A0C8378AD67.jpeg
0B3CACE4-4F68-493F-9939-61E307DB20C0.jpeg

I bought a parts guitar a while back that had a Warmoth body and an Allparts neck. I wasn’t really digging the neck so I ordered up a Warmoth. I was amazed in the difference in tone, for the better, that the guitar sounded with the Warmoth. I’ve built a couple more since.

View attachment 90047View attachment 90047View attachment 90050
Yes, that's another thing, the tone. I got a boat neck shape to the back of the neck.
I wanted a beefy U neck but the agent on the phone taking my order told me it had to be their shapes. So I told them Boat neck with a slight V in it.
Those are sweet guitars you built !

Warmoth is great, but like all aftermarket necks you might want to check the frets when you´ve got it strung up and it´s settled in a bit. With that said their basic installation is very precise and the factory fresh necks I´ve seen didn´t develop any need for additional fret work, but the wood can potentially shift a bit due to weather and tension and need some small touching up. It´s part of their disclaimer, if memory serves.

Warmoth is fantastic but pay attention to the specs.

People buy aftermarket necks and then bitch about the specs THEY ordered, lol.

In every situation that I've assembled partcasters for people, it came down to how well they know the specs they want.

Warmoth is awesome. i wish i still had the "Tom Delonge" style strat that i used to have. I Had a Dark Tom Delonge style strat that someone put a Maple Neck/Rosewood Board on it. it had a single EMG 85. The body was mahogany. it sounded massive tuned to D standard.

Back