Cameron CCV for sale in Canada

I was the same way with the Kemper years ago. All tweaking and very little playing. I couldn’t get rid of that thing fast enough.
Thats why I never dove off that high board.
I would get pissed. Mid Jam. Pick it up and throw it into the wall!! Haha 😆
I was just as bad swapping out amps mid jammin!

4785623C-501C-4B46-BFBC-90495E36D0B3_1_105_c.jpeg

I really wanted to sell mine this year, and just couldnt do it. I put 6-7 "boutique" Marshall clones on the KHE switcher, and it wasnt even close.

I dont know a ton about the dates or timelines of these amps, but mine is marked "Proto 1A" on the inside.

View attachment 91383

I really wanted to sell mine this year, and just couldnt do it. I put 6-7 "boutique" Marshall clones on the KHE switcher, and it wasnt even close.

I dont know a ton about the dates or timelines of these amps, but mine is marked "Proto 1A" on the inside.

I don't think that's a Barrang-built amp. Here's the one I had. You can see the difference:

d5foi71-2d6215da-1ee6-495d-8164-c7a1b3f21396.jpg

View attachment 91383

I have a similar pre production like yours. Mine is earlier though, it has 4 brass screws holding the logo on the front. Mine doesn’t have the gain switch either. I think mine is pretty early.

For 8800 did that include the 4/12?
No.

For the record, my original asking price of 8800 was in CAD currency, and not USD. Which comes up to about 7k USD.

Also when listing a price, it's not always the price I'm expecting to get... because (especially on Kijiji), people just haggle your price down.

So, I'll say this, the amp sold for slightly under that asking price and I'm getting back the sum I've paid for. I'm not making a penny on this.
And most importantly it's going to a good gear head friend that will enjoy the amp a ton.

Lastly, I will miss that amp a crap ton. It was really my "end game" amp.
But I couldn't justify having that much coin set into one piece of gear, currently...
It was the most logical piece to move in times of need.

Now moving on... to sell the Atomica modded SLP1959 or not...:unsure:
(I guess if that ever happens, the pack of wolves will create a thread to talk about it, so y'all will find out! :ROFLMAO:)

Last edited:
The OP sold his amp at a price he was happy with. Someone out there bought it relatively quick. What’s the goddamn problem? Congrats to the OP for selling the amp. If the price was as outrageous as some of the whiners here say, it wouldn’t have sold. All Cameron BS aside, the reality is the Cameron name still commands top dollar on the used market. Deal with it, or don’t by moving along and buying something else. I swear most of this complaining seems like, “waaaahhh, I want this but can’t afford it, no fair, waaaahhhh”

Last edited:
I would. Because it's a simple mod that most amp techs can build for you for much less. And there are clones available to purchase for a lot less. So you could make some money on the sale and still be able to get the same circuit at a discount later on if you miss it.

Really? Granted it's a Jose variant but I've never seen an accurate schematic of Mark's Atomica vs the Friedman production version.

Really? Granted it's a Jose variant but I've never seen an accurate schematic of Mark's Atomica vs the Friedman production version.
Good point. But you might have been looking at it, just didn't know it ;)

Is Mark's "Atomica" the one from that anecdote about him finding an amp in Jose's shop after he died that had Atomica stenciled on it?

Good point. But you might have been looking at it, just didn't know it ;)

Is Mark's "Atomica" the one from that anecdote about him finding an amp in Jose's shop after he died that had Atomica stenciled on it?

I think the mod is supposed to be derived from that, but IIRC it's got one or two rotary siwtches on it similar to the Ocean mod.

View attachment 91383

Good to see you held onto yours. I was thousands of miles away from my amps for 3 years, then 2020 hit my business and me pretty hard, where I'd ended up selling a ton of gear incl. my ESP Kamikaze prototype. I'm glad I was able to at least hold onto my Cameron amps + Marshall modded Cameron something... I don't remember the names of these anymore lol.

My CCV pre-production is apparently #2, has the name Kurt Newman on the board in permanent marker

RPOq4TP.jpeg

Last edited:
Good to see you held onto yours. I was thousands of miles away from my amps for 3 years, then 2020 hit my business and me pretty hard, where I'd ended up selling a ton of gear incl. my ESP Kamikaze prototype. I'm glad I was able to at least hold onto my Cameron amps + Marshall modded Cameron something... I don't remember the names of these anymore lol.

My CCV pre-production is apparently #2, has the name Kurt Newman on the board in permanent marker

RPOq4TP.jpeg
I've had probably 5 or 6 CCV's way back then...Even built a couple of them.. ;)

Back