Do not enter if aged Les Pauls trigger you

ZEN Amps

Always been a Les Paul guy and recently picked this one up.

Previous owner sent it to Historic Makeovers for a Lemonburst finish and AFD style aging and shit. Those guys really know how to relic a finish, not that my terrible photography skills show it.

I think it looks great, and tuned to Eb with 11-48's it's a tonne of fun to play. I still can't nail the Nightrain outro solo, strangely.

IMG_5921.JPG

IMG_5922.JPG

My LP custom 2002 era... awesome sounding piece of wood...forgive me got this second hand it came with a very Adam joney pickup vibe... but am a metal gay here lol

Attachments

• 20210906_214716.jpg
    20210906_214716.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 35
I'm curious to how they microchecked the finish. Looks really good overall.
believe with a heater torch and a sudden quench on the heat with a bottle freezer spray and the finishes on the outer layer will crack like it is due to sudden expansion and contraction

Looks good but feels fake!
See... this manic thing about FALSE OLD guitars is such a fetishism clichè and so american in a way of a country that has no historical notion of old.
A guitar becoming old in time, in a natural course, has its way to get there and woods move and settle accordingly. Using chemicals, mechanics and what not is a different story.... these fetishes look old but never sound in that way... and you can't buy that. You need... TIME!
I MUCH prefer a guitar that gets old with me, while I use and play it... like my '84 335 or '90 PRS, been with me for 36 and 31 years now.
You should see them... the way their paint and woods are getting old and play the TONE!!!
They are part of my history, my growth, ME! That is priceless... and real!
Buying these fetishes is really something dark and to be investigated by mind experts....
;-))))

See... this manic thing about FALSE OLD guitars is such a fetishism clichè and so american in a way of a country that has no historical notion of old.
A guitar becoming old in time, in a natural course, has its way to get there and woods move and settle accordingly. Using chemicals, mechanics and what not is a different story.... these fetishes look old but never sound in that way... and you can't buy that. You need... TIME!
I MUCH prefer a guitar that gets old with me, while I use and play it... like my '84 335 or '90 PRS, been with me for 36 and 31 years now.
You should see them... the way their paint and woods are getting old and play the TONE!!!
Buying these fetishes is really something dark and to be investigated by mind experts....
;-))))

“Do not enter if aged Les Pauls trigger you”​

;-))))
Wow, gotta take a dig at America (where both of your PRS were made) on your unrequested rant? Go plug in some rack gear and make some more "soundscape"whale sounds you italian fruitcake. I'm sure your Yanni "play a 3 note arpeggio behind a wall of fx" bullshit is gonna make a hard comeback soon.

Last edited:
Back