Do you ship amps insured or not?

SQUAREHEAD

I’ve never lost one yet, and over the years probably buying and selling somewhere between 35 and 40 Amplifiers, I only ever insured one, never had a problem, but I always worry that this one will be ‘it’…
I even had Larry ship me my new Dino uninsured, Because, with the shipping company, it was insane amount of money…
What do you guys do?
Insurance or not?🤔

I’ve never lost one yet, and over the years probably buying and selling somewhere between 35 and 40 Amplifiers, I only ever insured one, never had a problem, but I always worry that this one will be ‘it’…
I even had Larry ship me my new Dino uninsured, Because, with the shipping company, it was insane amount of money…
What do you guys do?
Insurance or not?🤔
Right now, 100%

I was at Fedex the other day and the guy that works there told me "off the record" that insurance is B.S. at least at as far as fedex goes. He said its just a declared value and its nearly impossible to get that declared value if the item is damaged in shipping .
This is what I hear also👍

I was at Fedex the other day and the guy that works there told me "off the record" that insurance is B.S. at least at as far as fedex goes. He said its just a declared value and its nearly impossible to get that declared value if the item is damaged in shipping .
Yep. That 'insurance' is typically only if they actually lose your package. Any damage and they always seem to squirm their way out of paying full value if anything at all. I'm not sure how it works when you have them pack it because I've never had a failed delivery shipping that way (which is rare for me anyway). Once I determined they weren't going to pay I stopped giving them that extra money for virtually no benefit.

I had the UPS guy at the Hub tell me," See this stamp on the bottom of the box"?
If your shipping container doesnt have this "standard making", it will automatically be a claim rejection.

I STILL insure non the less.

I had the UPS guy at the Hub tell me," See this stamp on the bottom of the box"?
If your shipping container doesnt have this "standard making", it will automatically be a claim rejection.

I STILL insure non the less.
If they accept the package and the insurance payment, they also accept responsibility/liability for it. If you have proof the item was packed correctly, they cannot get out of it. Just have to keep pushing it.

I quit selling /shipping online quite awhile ago.
My method was to video me playing the gtr or amp or pedal and sending it to the buyer so they know it worked.
Then take a pic of every step of the packaging process. Then ship it and if anything happened it was for sure in shipping or something the buyer did...

Never got burned after that. But its too much work and time.

I had UPS reject a claim once because the package "didn't meet their standards".
I took my local UPS Store to small claims court.
I argued that they had the chance to inspect the package and as an UPS agent, they should have informed that the package didn't qualify for insurance before agreeing to charge me for it.
I won.
Don't believe this rejection bullshit. If they agreed to insure it, it's fucking insured. Period.

I always unsure with higher priced items. Pedals and such around a few hundo I don't bother.

I always insure and double box if at all possible. I will now be taking a video of the item working before shipping as well. If it’s something as small as pickups just a picture of the meter reading the dc resistance will do.

Good luck with your amp sale @SQUAREHEAD

Back