Question for the high wattage amp guys here about playing at home

The 20 watt heads sound so boxy and fake . They all this sound that never can be rid of . I agree they not the same .
I beg to differ. My modded JCA20 is anything but boxy or fake. So much so that I offed most of my big amps because it does sound great. When I want it to sound insane, I just hook it up to my W/D/W rig.

I refuse to buy amps from anyone here that "loadboxes" them. Stress the trafos much?
Those junkboxes come out wayyyy after loud amps. U know you can cut the cord on a 1500 watt room heater, wire your 8 ohm output/sp cable onto the heater and run your amp that way too to dissapate heat and just use the line out?
Amp damage coming in MOUNTAINS thanks to all the less than 150w attenuators (boss, bugera, volume box, etc)
Think!

Lay your cabs down or turn em around away. Seriously! How "not loud but good can we make this sound?" Buy a peavey Rage Harry.

Cowards. How good can you make 3 pumping full amps sound? Then tell the neighbors "no requests" fuck off, call the cops then. I dont answer doors anyways!

Noise fine citation. Think about it.
You get the guitar/amp achievement medal.

Think hard and long on HOW far your MONEY is going at "wife friendly" 32 decibles from your Wangs she def aint feeling "wanged" with:". "It's..cute... "
is all youll get. It's cute. Cute means she can find better. Or it's like a ..doiley.

She didnt marry you cause you're a cuck or defer to the next band in your town claiming your musical territory. She's w/ you cause you can lay pipe, on stage, like a rock star. Stop pretending you're not that in the name of "sleeping babies" and "neighbors" that don't care past duck dynasty's latest epi. When GNR are in town, match em for volume. Stop cowering behind LACK of volume.
We are ALL guilty of it.

So.
Get a big amp and turn up, and embrace the decibel love. Or if anything, get used to air moving pantlegs and a stupid smile on your face. Even if til the cops come. I aint never heard the local cops tell Slash or Eddie to turn their amps down before they're banging your chick after the show. And if so, theyll just bang the cops wife, amps still on, during the show.

Guitar playing isn't, never was and wont be about how big your beard is, how many IPA taste testing contests you've won with your friends homebrew kit or your line 6 sounding just like an amp now selling for $10k despite you still wanting to snag it at $1500. Guitar playin is BIG DICK energy.

So, quit forcing small condoms and pocket pussies on your musical johnson (bullshit underpowered el84 Amps that fall apart at 3 on the dial), and get inside some volume. Seriously. Ever wonder why hendrix was so good? He practiced loud hooked to 3 amps: no one cared about it. No one.

Oh and while you were perusing the latest non finger squeaky articles in Acoustic guitarist mag and how to "X" pattern a noise gate because "60 cycle hum". Turn up. Turning up makes all that low volume micromanagement go away. Know why?

You're fooked if you don't know how to turn up. And remember, while you were locked down on covid, women took over guitar..

Nita Strauss, Court, Nikki & Iron Maidens, are out Metal-ing you in front of your eyes. No lunchbox amps needed.

Big Dick Energy. It's there for the taking. There's my answer. Stop pretending volume isnt a factor.

30 foot cable from the gutiar into the amp across the basement with the cab pointed away from me. Then use a hotplate on -4 or -8, then set the master vol to 4-6 on a 2203. You'd be surprised how quiet it is outside the house.

I would never say never, but I'm pretty happy right now with a small shit amp and a shit Randall RG. hahaha

Maybe. But also. You hate that your balls dont smash those assflaps when you "Lay it Down" like Hitler was after he got a Fortin "Di' A(v)blo'd" (sp?) via a Kemper profile.

You already weilded Big Magic with Steve Vai toe to toe? I think ur good on a rubber band and a plunger stick boss.. but I'm ..
Old now.

I beg to differ. My modded JCA20 is anything but boxy or fake. So much so that I offed most of my big amps because it does sound great. When I want it to sound insane, I just hook it up to my W/D/W rig.
I’m sure there’s some good ones , idk I just have not been into any

How?

Fuckin hook em all up. And slam it home.
It's literally ONLY a noise violation fine.
Pussy lunchbox mentality makes me sick. Throw that China junk away and buy American, Canada and English and quit supporting communists who support micro lifestyles. And small condoms. Even if they don't fit ya, buy a Magnum just to support the "too big" industry. Buy your neighbors and live in some earplugs. Turn your amps up and lay some pipe.

If pipe layin' is your thing, you'll already have known to practice low volume clean, get it all correct, then turn up. Those lunchbox and digital rigs are doing 0 fuckin service to technique, confidence and/or band settings. Save for Church.

Turn down in Church. But throw loud devilhorns to compensate.

Smoke Fuckin Dope too.
And what do you think the source of origin in for 90+ percent of the passive components in your non-Chinese assemble gear? I speculate your fisher-price floor treatment is from Asian origin.

Last edited:
Home setup, change the top Marshall for metroplex 001.

I run the Marshall’s on 2 for practice and I’m fine. Run the guitar cable to another part of the house and practice away. I don’t play outside of normal waking hours and never had an issue.

No, I don’t use an attenuator. I try not to suck bad enough that the neighbors get pissed off 😂

487D8AE2-85FF-419B-B56E-B28576A4CC60.jpeg

Yeah I really haven't played any that knocked my socks off either.

That may be because of playing style in my case though? I do the super staccato "tight" thrash thing, so headroom is non-negotiable to me.
I’m the same way . I’m find 50 watt too different for me as well . Just my personal feeling

Nothing says "big dick energy" like trying to convince everybody you have big dick energy by using the phrase "big dick energy" sincerely.

I've certainly played some 50 watts that had "it" but they're rarer than the 100s.

That could be just based on the specific amps that I've personally tried though.
I’ve heard this too . I’ve actually played a couple to it’s just rare . Old 50 watt Marshall’s can have it

And what do you think the source of origin in for 90+ percent of the passive components in your non-Chinese assemble gear? I ask speculate your fisher-price floor treatment is from Asian origin.
Wang it up then by this line of thought.

Justify it all you want. Nothing China, junk or shittily performing questionable "amp" will outperform a USA made amp: Mesa, Orange, Friedman, Bogner, Peavey USA, England Marshall, or German Deizel.

Its this, nutshelled: We as amp buyers (those countries mentioned) don't BELIEVE in communist made countries are acting in good faith regarding humanitarian needs.
So get the bare minumum outta the shithole and build based off what the AMP maker finds tolerable within those hawt ass +50/-60 specs and move on, build one.

Want an example?

Indonesia, China and indochina guitars

They are all shit. If the setup is shit, the guitar is shit. Same with amps, but keep justifying NOT buying American and "look how i can hotrod this"
Either its a big dick, or its just not.

Also.... I hear at the Okinawa bazaar the Masinkyov preamps are $15 per rack space. Your choice. C+. Dual. Lonestar. 800...jtm...

At the end of the day. We all see the "Armitron" label. It's "not a swatch" but keep pretending.

Doesnt mean im headed the fuck over there to find out if I can Danier'San my way through the mess of q$a amp and guitar production with a hand chop thru 7 ice blocks. It just means i know what to avoid.

Seriously tho...in this day and age, Fuck this support for foreign shit, and ignorance for American quality.

No China amp maker has a $10k amplifier currently selling in this market. None.

Just knock offs. That's why Megadeth is "good enough" for some of you.

Silver.

2nd place.

Go get it. Some neighbors fuckin your wife while you wheedle away at your 15/3/1 watt amp. Maybe even as soon "as its loud enough" shell be over to fuck me.. i already know she saw my fingers railing your acoustic at church practice on CCD night.

Once Iphone makes amps: world record guitar attempts

0 successes

I hate mostly all of you. For years.

Back