Suhr Squealies

MrDowntown

On my Suhr RL/IR…the squealies…I Got em
Guessing a ground loop issue?
What magic box works best w/o busting ye’olde wallet

Signal chain: guitar > amp > Suhr > 8channel mixer > monitors.
Thanks dudes!

Last edited:
Doesn't sound normal? I've never had noise issues with my Suhr RL/IR, you should contact their customer service to help you..

I put clip of what I’m hearing…
Also added my signal chain.

It could be something else going on.

That's not a ground loop, heaven knows what that is. Some interference between the guitar and something in close proximity in the room...?

Sound like the amp is oscillating. This happens sometimes when the output transformer primary is reversed. Tighten the transformer bolts, grounds, and jacks (not too tight). Or maybe grid wire or presence wire might be smashed into a place where it's getting parasitics.

Yeah, and turn off the lightsabre :p

Amp was running about 75% full throttle. And I was sitting close to, it, the Suhr and the monitors….

I had a similar issue at gigs when the Suhr was sat on top of my amp. Clean it was fine but under a good amount of gain something in the chain squealed. It wasn’t the amp or pedalboard as tested that. At the time I assumed it was due to the power supply being shared with a something that was picky (E.g. lights) but Dave’s suggestion would make complete sense with the proximity to a gained up amp.

Next question would be how to isolate it for relative proximity, especially when gigging.

Well obviously I’m quite the noob with most things electrical/circuitry. Honestly I didn’t even consider this setup being able to give me the light Sabre effect.

Thanks for the feedback

Back