Anybody try the Engl Fireball 25?

Gotchya...makes sense from that standpoint. I didn't realize you played out, thought you were just a BR wanker like myself LOL!

The prices between the two are so close that's why I asked. And the FB100 sounds amazing, like most Engls, at BR volumes.

Gotchya...makes sense from that standpoint. I didn't realize you played out, thought you were just a BR wanker like myself LOL!

The prices between the two are so close that's why I asked. And the FB100 sounds amazing, like most Engls, at BR volumes.
No, not playing out, but do jam with friends/family. Not many used 100's right now, but I find the 25 intriguing, as most say it has the balls of the big one, (to a point), but smaller package.

Let us know your thoughts if you get one. I often get tempted to revisit the FB100. I really liked that amp and the Savage 120 for that matter.

Let us know your thoughts if you get one. I often get tempted to revisit the FB100. I really liked that amp and the Savage 120 for that matter.
If you’re tempted to revisit the FB100, I’d recommend the Inferno (Marty Friedman) model instead. I had one and remembered it sounding in many way like a better version of the FB100. Still had that artificial and compressed thing that Engl’s have, but not as bad as some other models and still cool sounding amp despite those flaws. Lotta growl. That and the SE EL34 were my 2 favorites in the Engl line-up. I think I didn’t keep the Inferno because of the Cameron modded Marshall’s I had at the time, but for the money is a good amp imo

For the OP, might also be worth checking out a Dover DA-20. I remember it sounding bigger and tighter than the other high gain amps I’ve tried in that wattage range and less synthetic sounding than Engl’s, but the FB25 would probably sound more growly and hairy (assuming it’s like it’s bigger brother), which I like

If you’re tempted to revisit the FB100, I’d recommend the Inferno (Marty Friedman) model instead. I had one and remembered it sounding in many way like a better version of the FB100. Still had that artificial and compressed thing that Engl’s have, but not as bad as some other models and still cool sounding amp despite those flaws. Lotta growl. That and the SE EL34 were my 2 favorites in the Engl line-up. I think I didn’t keep the Inferno because of the Cameron modded Marshall’s I had at the time, but for the money is a good amp imo

For the OP, might also be worth checking out a Dover DA-20. I remember it sounding bigger and tighter than the other high gain amps I’ve tried in that wattage range and less synthetic sounding than Engl’s, but the FB25 would probably sound more growly and hairy (assuming it’s like it’s bigger brother), which I like
Those Dovers are hard to come by and EXPENSIVE!

I was just cruising some old posts you made on the Inferno and it is intriguing. Of the 5 Engl models I've owned, I like the Savage 120 best followed by the FB100. I remember the FB100 with gain at 10-11 o' clock and lightly boosted was pretty damn raw for an Engl. The Savage 120 I had is the only amp I've ever owned I didn't use a boost and it to got fairly raw, again for an Engl. It is my biggest amp selling regret.

Those Dovers are hard to come by and EXPENSIVE!
Hm I’ve not kept up with them, so I don’t know. I think I paid like $1300 or $1400 for the used one I had briefly, but would have to double check. I got it used at a guitar center. I would think if you check the regular places one would come up, but again haven’t kept up with them. Had it about a year ago now, but was a cool amp and remember it sounding really big and tight for a 20 watter

I was just cruising some old posts you made on the Inferno and it is intriguing. Of the 5 Engl models I've owned, I like the Savage 120 best followed by the FB100. I remember the FB100 with gain at 10-11 o' clock and lightly boosted was pretty damn raw for an Engl. The Savage 120 I had is the only amp I've ever owned I didn't use a boost and it to got fairly raw, again for an Engl. It is my biggest amp selling regret.
Yeah it’s been a while now since I’ve had any Engl’s, but if you like the FB100 then I think you’d probably like the Inferno if you ran it the same way as the FB. It won’t be as tight as the Savage, but if my memory is correct I think it was a bit tighter than the FB, but didn’t compare them directly. As far as Engl’s go it also had I think maybe the best lead tone and feel of them, but other amps I’d prefer for that stuff

Hm I’ve not kept up with them, so I don’t know. I think I paid like $1300 or $1400 for the used one I had briefly, but would have to double check. I got it used at a guitar center. I would think if you check the regular places one would come up, but again haven’t kept up with them. Had it about a year ago now, but was a cool amp and remember it sounding really big and tight for a 20 watter
They're $2500 new.

No, not playing out, but do jam with friends/family. Not many used 100's right now, but I find the 25 intriguing, as most say it has the balls of the big one, (to a point), but smaller package.
Heh. Big balls. Small package. Nobody? J/k, really interested in the ironball s/e, with the ir loader and attenuation. And they all sound sick.

There's none to be had in the U.S. Plus, I want the big bottles of the Engl.

We shall see, I ordered one yesterday.
Man I’m interested in this as well. Lots of functions as well. Can’t wait to hear your thoughts.

I kind of want the Inferno as well since the Neural captures are great.

Man I’m interested in this as well. Lots of functions as well. Can’t wait to hear your thoughts.

I kind of want the Inferno as well since the Neural captures are great.
The Inferno seems like a killer amp too, I could do without the red!

I wish they'd do an Artist 25 with EL34's. Man, that would be super killer. Or a Retro 25.

Back