Mark IIB+ conversion to C+ with new PCB's. Cool thread from the Boogie Board forum.

The attention to detail in projects like that is incredible. So satisfying to see that amp being restored.

What's you opinions on the value of such an amp when completed?
Not a factory original iic+, but electrically identical and using mesa transformers, iib mojo etc

What's you opinions on the value of such an amp when completed?
Not a factory original iic+, but electrically identical and using mesa transformers, iib mojo etc
I have to imagine a Mesa conversion has more value. Even when people buy used Mesa mark series many of them will send them back to Mike B just to check it out (and many people won’t put much stock in any tech’s opinion or work on the amp unless it was done at Mesa). I could see this becoming popular, but, I don’t think the value would creep up to the level of a “real” conversion

following... my first c+ was a Mike B. confirmed IIB that had been converted to c+ at the factory back when the c+'s were actually still in production. only a dozen or so B's were ever converted because as we are seeing in that thread, it involves more than just some components swaps. its the new board, etc which is long out of production.

A few years ago the work and expense to do this wouldn't have made much sense but with the current C+ pricing, might as well go for it.

If I had to spit ball the value, I'd assume a conversion like this would top out around the value of a black dot/no stripe Mark III with the 105PT, since that circuit can be tweaked to be close to the C+ as well and would still have the "real" Mesa boards and such.

i bought my conversion for 1200 in 2006 and sold it that year for 1800, after i got the Mike B confirmation. can you believe those prices... the authentic c+s at the time were like 1800-2200, so it got the same resale value, after i added the confirmation letter from mike b in the auction pics.
these prices now are insane, and collector level only. most average performers can't afford em anymore at all, when back in the 00's they were just "a bit expensive" lol. Mark III's and IVa's for life!!!

Back