New Les Paul's now $200!

its probably made at the same two factories all the imports are made, if i wasnt literally out of room for shit maybe id have a couple whiskys and take a shot lol.

There are some Amazon reviews with pics for more info. I’ll def pass but it’s a budget option for some.

Looks great for a beginner.
Most of them do, until they aren't. Much better off if you have $200.. to look for a used G&L tribute, even a lower end Epiphone and replace the tuners, nut and a pickup. I have dealt with a lot of these kind of guitars...there are a few gems and a whole lotta turds.

I once rocked an SX plywood Les Paul for a bit. I overpaid for it and sold it for a profit. It played like butter and sounded great. I mean, set neck guitars tend to resonate better than bolt on or neck through guitars according to science. Don't underestimate the tonal responce of glue!

Most of them do, until they aren't. Much better off if you have $200.. to look for a used G&L tribute, even a lower end Epiphone and replace the tuners, nut and a pickup. I have dealt with a lot of these kind of guitars...there are a few gems and a whole lotta turds.

Yup, I've bought a couple of super cheap LP copies myself in the past. One was a SX GG1, and the other is a Grote. Both of them were "playable" right out of the box.

Were they great? No. Both of them needed tuners. Both had questionable fretwork, nuts, and poorly done inlays, and the pickups were mediocre at best. However, both have solid "mahogany" bodies. When I say "mahogany", obviously we're not talking about something like Honduran mahogany. There are many species of wood that can be legally called "mahogany", but aren't necessarily the species of mahogany that are considered desirable for guitar construction.

So yeah, they can be made into decent, serviceable guitars, but it definitely makes more sense to buy a better used guitar for $300 than to spend $200 and then another $300 to make it decent.

Back