Boogie IIC+ rhythm crunch on the Mark V (25/35/90)

• Thread starter Deleted member 27494
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 27494

Hey all!

Some people love the Mark V, some people don't. I have the 35 w version and I really love it. By default the IIC+ mode seemed a little too tame and tight for me but with some tweaking you really can nail those classic, tight and crunchy rhythm tones ala Hetfield and Petrucci. You just gotta find the right settings and BOOM, there you go! What do you guys think of the IIC+ mode on the MK V?

I did make a little video on achieving these tones on the MK V (the 35 to be precise since that's the one I have). You should be able to also dial in these tones on the 25 and 90 without any issues. I think the tones turned out great but I'd love to know your thoughts:

Thanks guys! I'm glad you like the tone! I thought I nailed it but it did take some time to tweak it and at a certain point I always feel a little lost haha. But I'm glad it translated well!

On the MKV manual (90 watt) they say put channel 3 in triode for a more legit C+ tone and I do think that mode sounds nicer in Triode. But no matter how I dial in CH3 to where I like it, as soon as I use my Quad Pre through it’s loop, it’s all over for that tone. I ignore the descriptions on the MKV and just dial in sounds I like. You’ll be much happier treating it like it’s own amp rather than the history of Boogie. Great amp.

Also have a 35 and like the crunch mode on channel 1 far more than the MkII mode. If I want to utilize the clean or fat modes on channel 1 I will dial in the Xtreme mode on channel 2 as close to the crunch mode as I can get. I can get close but not exact. Ironically I seldom use MKII and IV modes...just not my cup of tea. This is likely due to being a Marshall man for over 40 years.

Thanks, will give it a try tonight. I've had a 25 for about a month and really like it. Rather than having the problem of finding the right sound, I'm finding too many that I like and I keep switching them around. My EQ has tended towards an extreme V, will be interesting to see how having the treble tone control all the way up instead of doing it with the EQ makes a difference.

Back