Mesa boogie relocating?

Can you please tell us what parts in a guitar amp like a Mesa or a Metro come from China? I've been buying parts to build amps for years and not a single component has come from China as far as I know. At least none of the companies are Chinese. Maybe the parts are manufactured there though? But most of the companies making passive components are American or Japanese. Vishay, Samsung, Panasonic, CDE, Illinois, Sprague, Dale, Nichicon, Xicon (not a Chinese company), etc. But maybe the physical manufacturing is done in China? Do you have any details?
Its a Global economy.

I doubt there is a single modern electronic "Made in the USA" product that uses entirely USA based components. We're renovating our kitchen and ordered a "Made in the USA" Wolf range back in the Summer that currently is still slated to arrive in February because - you guessed it - there's a shortage of the components from overseas.

Over the years since NAFTA, it simply became economically unviable for American companies to manufacture these kinds of components when competing with labor from a "developing country" with a central government that controls the economy and labor with an iron fist when necessary.

Owners of capital are looking to squeeze every fraction of a cent from anywhere they can because at scale, with just a bit of time, it means millions of dollars. They've been talking for a few years now about outsourcing the processing of chicken to China for Christ's sake. How much could they possibly save on labor against the costs of back and forth transportation and other issues? But if they do it and see more profits, eventually you probably won't be able to find any reasonably priced chicken that came from anywhere else. You know, unless you live in the country and keep your own or know people who do.

I called Mesa and asked them about this. They suspended orders earlier this year because 2020 was their best year in the history of the company, and 2021 has been no different. They paused new orders because their production capacity is literally topped out.

They didn't stop producing orders. They stopped taking new ones. Agains, because as of around June, their production could not handle any more demand for the year.
Have you been living under a rock? They've halted production; due to supply chain issues. If you believe that prepackaged reply about topped-out orders, ah... what's the point?

No, that is incorrect.

They are producing at maximum capacity. All of their people are working full shifts at full capacity. Demand for Mesa products has been so high lately that their entire yearly production capacity was spoken for before this year was even half over.
:hys:

Have you been living under a rock? They've halted production; due to supply chain issues. If you believe that prepackaged reply about topped-out orders, ah... what's the point?

No, they haven't. You are wrong.

Have you actually talked to anybody specifically over there or are you just speculating because "SUPPLY CHAIN ISSUES AROUND THE GLOBE" !!!!

Because not only have I spoken with people at Mesa Boogie, but I've also spoken with dealers around the country. Many of them are still getting orders delivered. Big orders. Right now. Hell, check Sweetwater's website right now. A lot of Mesa Stuff Sweetwater didn't have weeks ago is back in full stock now. Why? Because Mesa is still producing products right now. Mesa is a small company working at max capacity to fulfill the absolute shitload of new orders it has received during the pandemic.

They haven't stopped production. They have stopped taking new orders. There's a difference.

DEFINITELY only for live use. No one uses mesas in the studio anymore, unless it’s their 25 watt amps. Also most people are going back to real amps live these days, and are definitely not using modelers barely ever now.
Except for Whitechapel using a Rev F for their tones on "Kin" but i agree i see less and less people using them for studio work.

If folks think their USA "suppliers" make everything in house, think again.
Same goes for GM/Ford/Chrysler/Jeep and about every other industry.

So let's go down the list one by one. Where are the parts manufactured then? The information is public so it shouldn't be too hard for someone making the claim that the parts come from China to back it up. Are we talking about the actual components or the materials to manufacture the components (like plastic, metal wire, ceramic, paper, etc.), or both? Because, for example, the manufacturing facility for Illinois Capacitor / CDE is here in the USA. But maybe they get their raw materials from another country?

A little update on this I went to a guitar center the other day and they had a Fillmore 50 112 brand new Mesa guitar amp combo. So there's that I guess I Don't really know if this means anything I guess we'll see what happens moving forward.

A little update on this I went to a guitar center the other day and they had a Fillmore 50 112 brand new Mesa guitar amp combo. So there's that I guess I Don't really know if this means anything I guess we'll see what happens moving forward.

They haven't stopped production. On the contrary they are producing product at max capacity and have stopped taking orders for the year because they literally cannot make their products fast enough to satisfy demand. They are not currently experiencing parts shortages due to supply issues. This comes straight from the staff I've spoken to at Mesa Boogie.

@Mark Skid is making shit up in his head and posting it here because he thinks it "sounds right" even though he has literally zero actual information to back up any of those claims.

Back