ola iicp demo

Sounds great! I'm not into the chugging shit but he has a good ear. I agree w/ most of what he had to say. I prefered the Synergy and it is gonna be my next toy for sure.
I'm going for a Brad Gillis Speak Of The Devil tones and I think I can get close.
Gillis used a Son of Boogie with Ozzy. (y)

I like the sound he getting out of it.. I listened to Pete Thorns demo and didn't like it as much. He was using a load box and cab sims..

He told me himself that It was two IIB’s in stereo. I’m old friends with Joel Hoekstra, and I met Gillis after a Night Ranger show in Ottawa Illinois, years ago. BG is a super cool dude and funny as hell.
I stand corrected then. The person I heard it from supposedly asked Brad in the 1990’s 🤷. Brad could have just made up some shit to get out of the conversation 🤣. Either way, the tone is awesome on that album.

I seem to end up using my Boogies too little to keep them around long term, so this actually seems like just the ticket for me and has got me thinking about having some complementary tones in a Syn2 again. I have to say that only a few of these demos in the marketing blitz has sounded like the tones I remember dialing in myself, but some of them are basically spot on.

Hopefully these things bring the prices down on the real 2c+ . Synergy is better so grab one then give me a good deal on an old c++ lol
IF the Synergy is better why would you want a deal on a old one at all?

Last edited:
I stand corrected then. The person I heard it from supposedly asked Brad in the 1990’s 🤷. Brad could have just made up some shit to get out of the conversation 🤣. Either way, the tone is awesome on that album.
I was pretty hammered when he told me, but I'm 99% sure that's what he said.:LOL:

The Synergy 2c+ sounded like what that Mesa 2c+ head must have sounded like when it was new.

Back