Synergy vs real deal - Fryette Deliverance

Bxlxaxkxe

Amp ho
Made this for a friend of mine who wants to know how the synergy stuff stacks up. I'm running a Syn1 into a Fryette 2/50/2 and comparing to a D60II head.

They don't sound the exact same, but the Synergy 100% captures the essence of the head and in no way is inferior sonically to my ear, especially in the room.

Very nice - if you hadn't stated what was what in the video I'd have never been able to tell the difference :love:

I fucking love it - it reminds me a lot of a more old-school sounding D60 honestly (which is one of my favorite amps I've ever owned/played)

Here's a couple shitty iphone clips

High gain:

Pushed clean:

Man these sound rad!

Made this for a friend of mine who wants to know how the synergy stuff stacks up. I'm running a Syn1 into a Fryette 2/50/2 and comparing to a D60II head.

They don't sound the exact same, but the Synergy 100% captures the essence of the head and in no way is inferior sonically to my ear, especially in the room.

Great vid, you’re spot on, not same but same spirit. I guess it makes sense if it’s the same preamp section, seems that fullness comes from
The power section.

Not sure of the plate voltage of the power section that Synergy offers, or if it’s even tube but I’d highly recommend they make it with 500v or even more…maybe be able to switch tube types even…then you’d have a real competitor to the real deal amps they model after. D60, SLO, XTCs, C+ all have killer higher voltage power sections that contribute so much to that amps’ tone…

I've played preamp/power amp gear for a long time and then I got the real amp. The feel and dynamics are not exactly the same.
On a recording, you might not tell because recording gear imparts a lot of it's own color and compression.
But I'm sure it's good enough for most and you get the benefit of other designs on the cheap.

Back