Mesa boogie relocating?

I love the Boogie amps for playing live... Always have. For me, they just don't record well. For Boogie recording, the Quad preamp + Peavey EL84 loaded "Classic" stereo power amp is killer! May just be the best recording tones I've ever used. I'm a dumb-fuck for selling that rig!
Dude, the Mesa Dual Rectifier has been on thousands of great recordings, where have you been?? I also think the Mark series record well too, in the right hands.

Dude, the Mesa Dual Rectifier has been on thousands of great recordings, where have you been?? I also think the Mark series record well too, in the right hands.
I traded a Marshall head for a MESA DR back in 92. I didn't get a chance to use it much, as it was making popping sounds through the cabinet. I called MESA about it, and they began to give me a hard time. They said that the amp was an early prototype that was shipped to Akron Music, and that wasn't supposed to be sold. They said that they would not repair the head, and wanted to know where I got it? At that point I hung-up the phone. I purchased it from a Cleveland cop, so... :rolleyes:

I didn't like the way my Soldano SLO 100 recorded either, so I guess I'm weird. My favorite recording amps are Fender tweed Deluxe, Matchless DC-30, VOX AC15/30, Ampeg V4, Cornford Hurricane, Marshall SJ and JTM.

Don't they make some of the components in Taiwan?
I'm sure parts of amplifiers come from Taiwan no matter how American made they are I couldn't believe there was a chip shortage for almost every vehicle built in America that comes from China lol

I also think the Mark series record well too, in the right hands.
Boogie amps are great for melody, soloing and treble side triads...not so hot for bass side rhythm work. I don't know much about Metallica music, but, I do know what works. My favorite Metallica tones are on RTL. It's the only Metallica album that I own. I like TBA mix as well. IMO, Metallica shouldn't be using Boogie amps, period. Bass side rhythm play requires a musical sounding bottom-end, and that ain't Boogie.

Boogie amps are great for melody, soloing and treble side triads...not so hot for bass side rhythm work. I don't know much about Metallica music, but, I do know what works. My favorite Metallica tones are on RTL. It's the only Metallica album that I own. I like TBA mix as well. IMO, Metallica shouldn't be using Boogie amps, period. Bass side rhythm play requires a musical sounding bottom-end, and that ain't Boogie.
You are absolutely correct, you don't know much about Metallica music

You are absolutely correct, you don't know much about Metallica music
Let me be more precise. I don't own RTL because I wanted it... My cousin left it in my CD player. Metallica = sonic vomit. Metallica = ass music. Metallica sounds like a bad imitation of a band that sucks. In short... Metallica sucks.

Let me be more precise. I don't own RTL because I wanted it... My cousin left it in my CD player. Metallica = sonic vomit. Metallica = ass music. Metallica sounds like a bad imitation of a band that sucks. In short... Metallica sucks.
Which band (that also sucks) are Metallica badly imitating?

Are you familiar with Manteno, IL?
barzini-at-funeral-2.png

Many men have been to Manteno IL, yes many men.

Aaaahahahahahahahahahaha

Please, tell us more about how Rectos and Mark series amps can't chug or sound good for heavy rhythm guitar work, and how arguably one of the most influential and important metal bands of all time, considered so by fans and almost every relevant metal artist around these days alike, just simply "sucks" even at the height of their career.

While you're at it, please explain what you mean, specifically, when you say Mesas don't have a "musical" bottom end. Because that just sounds like you're making stuff up that sounds good. Especially in regards to the Mark series, which has arguably one of the tightest low ends of any high gain amp and therefore the arguably best ability to translate clean and clear bass notes to the speaker.

It's one thing to be contrarian, it's another to have opinions so universally disagreed with that you alienate literally everybody in the conversation.

Back