First time Range shoot

The Glock felt pretty good. Looking forward to trying a few to find the one to buy.

I would get a 20. you can run 10mm, .40sNw and buy a 9mm barrel and run 9mm also. I suggest joining the 10mm master race....when you just don't want to run a mozambique drill, nothing else quite satisfies like a 10mm.

First time out I want to keep it simple and not jump down a financial rabbit hole. Can’t eat into my impulse amp and guitar purchase ability. A Nine will be fine. Even finer when it rhymes..lol. Want to try an M&P and one or two other makers and then decide. Trying to keep it between $350 and $500. Including extra magazines (unless new gun comes with extra) and initial ammo purchase. Plus my Wife will want one as well. I started a thread a while ago about recommendations but couldn’t find it.

dude there is a metric shit ton of good solid choices for you. I would recommend your glock style striker fired with no manual safeties or decockers. just for simplicity of operation. buddy just got a beretta apx that he is liking. ruger, smith, stoeger, mossberg, etc. ton of quality lower priced stuff that just works and goes bang when you want it. might be to small but I fucking love the sig 365. amazing what they produced in that niche market. also check out cz...apparently they have out glocked glock with their p-10 series.

What about possibly a 357 because it can also shoot 38? Too much caliber for a first time shooter?

skoora":2atqclgo said:
What about possibly a 357 because it can also shoot 38? Too much caliber for a first time shooter?

full size .357's are nice. ruger gp's and smith's are awesome. the smaller pistols in that caliber are a handful. after too many rounds they can get uncomfortable quick. at least my mother's sp-101 was.

It should but it would be a good idea to verify if you're looking at a specific gun. .357 Magnum is the same diameter as 38 Special but 1/8" longer and a hotter cartridge.

100 yards. 5 shot groups. 2 different loads.

Attachments

• 2012-12-01 15.39.17.jpg
    2012-12-01 15.39.17.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 48
100 yards with handgun?
Not those groups.. :LOL:
Gotta be a rifle. I know guys who compete 3 times a month and are top 5 in their division and they can't do that with a pistol at 100 yds.
1 of them can shoot a 3.5 in group, but he usually is around 5"-6" and he's running an optic

Last edited:
Back