Ltd Hetfield Snakebyte...Indonesia shocker

romanianreaper

I finally saw an Ltd Snakebyte in a local Guitar Center and was able to give it a spin. For sone reason I thought these were made in Korea. It was almost $1400 and I know I'm getting old because that seems a bit expensive for a guitar made in Indonesia. It played pretty good but kept going a bit out of tune and had Sperzel locking tuners so surprised me.

I'm a huge Metallica fan but I just couldn't do it. I wish Esp tallica' guitars were a bit more reasonable.

the harsh reality of that sort of thing is that you're paying for the endorsee, the marketing, literally paying for the AFTER THOUGHT of the actual insturment with those cheapo artist signature guitars. god help you if they have what would normally be "aftermarket" parts. like a tone pros or good humbuckers, cuz costs will be cut elsewhere. the finish, the nut, the frets, the wood, the set up, the details that make a guitar worth buying.

korea? china? indonesia? india? who cares. its always going to be a semi skilled person AT BEST finishing the thing some machine cranked out. probably gunna be a fucking malnourished, barefoot, 11 year old,with missing teeth making those cheap ass fake "guitars".

Last edited:
the harsh reality of that sort of thing is that you're paying for the endorsee, the marketing, literally paying for the AFTER THOUGHT of the actual insturment with those cheapo artist signature guitars. god help you if they have what would normally be "aftermarket" parts. like a tone pros or good humbuckers, cuz costs will be cut elsewhere. the finish, the nut, the frets, the wood, the set up, the details that make a guitar worth buying.

korea? china? indonesia? india? who cares. its always going to be a semi skilled person AT BEST finishing the thing some machine cranked out. probably gunna be a fucking malnourished, barefoot, 11 year old,with missing teeth making those cheap ass fake "guitars".
I think some places will be worse than others. Not saying I haven't played some good guitars from those countries but it takes some of the magic away in my opinion, and I hate to say that. I just can't picture Slash or Gilmour or some other famous guitarist in an interview say "oh, what is the secret to my guitar tone? Well I always get a guitar with shoddy electronics work and bad tuners so I really have to work at staying in tune ", etc.

I understand how a business works and get that everything can't be a great bargain and play phenomenal. But I remember back in the day, you could get a fairly inexpensive guitar that would be solid. Now, good luck with some of that.

Buddy on mine is Exp fan and have 2 Snakebytes (black and white). He had few Korean LTD Exp's (outlaw, 400 series). These ones are nowhere as nice as ESP ones. The gap is even bigger soundwise.
We compared Eclipse to EC1000 series too and it was the same. ESP's sound fatter and clearer at same time. It's hard to believe for someone but yeah it is in a wood :)
Those Korean/indonesia prices are insane but if people buy it, prices will go up on those still. Gimme used US/Japan guitars every time instead overpriced POS.

omg not this guy again please... His conclusion....yes it is possible to make both like shit :)
He's basically eliminated every possible variable that one can. It's a metal channel so they're gonna test it with higher gain.

We compared Eclipse to EC1000 series too and it was the same. ESP's sound fatter and clearer at same time. It's hard to believe for someone but yeah it is in a wood :)
There are differences, as it should be. Players keep saying wood wont make a difference in sound, it's just not that relevant, and it's true as long as you play with loads of gain. But try playing clean or crunch, and it all comes quite obvious if you ask me, denying that means Strats with same pickups sound all the same to ya, which is simply not true.

There are differences, as it should be. Players keep saying wood wont make a difference in sound, it's just not that relevant, and it's true as long as you play with loads of gain. But try playing clean or crunch, and it all comes quite obvious if you ask me, denying that means Strats with same pickups sound all the same to ya, which is simply not true.
Watch Glenn's video.

My brother has an EC-1000, had it for years. I owned a MH-300 back in 99. They all sound dead to me not being plugged in. I can’t say the 80’s ESPs or the newer E-IIs, but ESP as a whole doesn’t really perk my interests. In defense, I have never played an older Lynch sig, so I won’t comment on them.

He's basically eliminated every possible variable that one can. It's a metal channel so they're gonna test it with higher gain.

Why are you listening to glenn fricker? Tone woods matter, tubes matter, shit that ACTUAL engineers who make ACTUAL records and don’t just make videos on YouTube use, matters. Why do people listen to this moron? You know why real engineers and guys who actually make a living making music don’t post YouTube videos like this? Because they are actually busy doing what glenn fricker failed at and wishes he did.

ESP/LTD are a bit pricey, but nice guitars and if you have a good luthier to polish off the little nags as I did, they can become a go-to guitar. I mean if I am paying four figures on a guitar that is something I expect to be living with throughout the decades with more luthier care along the way.

Why are you listening to glenn fricker? Tone woods matter, tubes matter, shit that ACTUAL engineers who make ACTUAL records and don’t just make videos on YouTube use, matters. Why do people listen to this moron? You know why real engineers and guys who actually make a living making music don’t post YouTube videos like this? Because they are actually busy doing what glenn fricker failed at and wishes he did.
Cuz he's right.

Cuz he's right.

Glenn fricker isn’t right about a damn thing. But keep listening to failed YouTube personalities give you advice and tell you what things matter and what things don’t. He’s the laughing stock of the pro audio world, I can assure you of that.

Glenn fricker isn’t right about a damn thing. But keep listening to failed YouTube personalities give you advice and tell you what things matter and what things don’t. He’s the laughing stock of the pro audio world, I can assure you of that.
And who do you consider as "pro audio world"?

And who do you consider as "pro audio world"

Literally anybody in the heavy genre of music that ACTUALLY makes records and ACTUALLY knows what matters and what doesn’t. People that are actual true professionals, who make the records and tones we all love. Not a hack YouTube personality who talks about things and tells you how to do things he doesn’t actually do and failed at. I can not tell you how many times I’ve heard the exact opposite to what glenn preaches on MANY topics he talks about, with specific examples and situations of topics that Glenn says is one way, when the truth is actually the exact opposite. I’ll trust the people who actually do this for a living and can give real world scenarios on why things such as tubes, tone woods, and conversion DO matter. I’ll never understand this new phenomenon of people latching on to what these idiots say, when they have absolutely no credentials to back them up. Mind blowing to me.

Literally anybody in the heavy genre of music that ACTUALLY makes records and ACTUALLY knows what matters and what doesn’t. People that are actual true professionals, who make the records and tones we all love. Not a hack YouTube personality who talks about things and tells you how to do things he doesn’t actually do and failed at. I can not tell you how many times I’ve heard the exact opposite to what glenn preaches on MANY topics he talks about, with specific examples and situations of topics that Glenn says is one way, when the truth is actually the exact opposite. I’ll trust the people who actually do this for a living and can give real world scenarios on why things such as tubes, tone woods, and conversion DO matter. I’ll never understand this new phenomenon of people latching on to what these idiots say, when they have absolutely no credentials to back them up. Mind blowing to me.
Drop few names then? Also Glenn never said that conversion doesn't matter. He said that when you start spending thousands on converters you'll get diminished returns.

Drop few names then? Also Glenn never said that conversion doesn't matter. He said that when you start spending thousands on converters you'll get diminished returns.

Drop a few names? Names about what? Go ask anyone remotely successful in the heavier genre of music. If you’ve been around here even alittle I’m sure you’ve seen me or others mention one or two of those guys happens to be one of my closest friends in the world, so I’m well aware, as I’m sure others that also have connections or know people decently well in the audio world are as well, what the PROFESSIONAL audio world thinks of this hack. Or what the pro audio world thinks of these youtubers who give out “advice” on how to do things or what is important and what’s not. Just because you personally aren’t aware of what others think about glenn fricker and the like, doesn’t mean the attitude of professional engineers and producers towards glenn fricker etc doesn’t exist. But this right here, is exactly what I hate to see. People see a youtuber who has a big following and automatically regurgitate what they say and take it as gospel. I’m not saying that’s what you are doing, but I am for sure saying that’s what the younger generation of new musicians and audio engineers are doing. Never in my life have I seen an industry that puts so much emphasis on what people say, who literally don’t do what they are trying to teach for a living or on a professional level. What has glenn mixed? What has he worked on? Has he done any of your favorite mixes? Has he done a legitimate major label production EVER? Is the line to work with him wrapped around the building? No? So why should I care what he thinks about anything in the pro audio world? It would be one thing if he just showed how stuff works, or gave gear reviews etc, but he goes much much farther than that. Telling people what’s important and what’s not when it comes to producing music, is not his specialty in the least.

The problem is the social media medium has put guys like glenn fricker on the same level as say, bob rock or Andy sneap. You have major major access to a wealth of information these days, and that’s great! No doubt about it. The problem is when you see glenn fricker has 400,000 subscribers to his page, so SURELY he MUST know what he’s talking about, RIGHT? Because that Andy sneap guy and bob rock guy doesn’t even have a YouTube page or whatever, so forget whatever they say!

Drop a few names? Names about what? Go ask anyone remotely successful in the heavier genre of music. If you’ve been around here even alittle I’m sure you’ve seen me or others mention one or two of those guys happens to be one of my closest friends in the world, so I’m well aware, as I’m sure others that also have connections or know people decently well in the audio world are as well, what the PROFESSIONAL audio world thinks of this hack. Or what the pro audio world thinks of these youtubers who give out “advice” on how to do things or what is important and what’s not. Just because you personally aren’t aware of what others think about glenn fricker and the like, doesn’t mean the attitude of professional engineers and producers towards glenn fricker etc doesn’t exist. But this right here, is exactly what I hate to see. People see a youtuber who has a big following and automatically regurgitate what they say and take it as gospel. I’m not saying that’s what you are doing, but I am for sure saying that’s what the younger generation of new musicians and audio engineers are doing. Never in my life have I seen an industry that puts so much emphasis on what people say, who literally don’t do what they are trying to teach for a living or on a professional level. What has glenn mixed? What has he worked on? Has he done any of your favorite mixes? Has he done a legitimate major label production EVER? Is the line to work with him wrapped around the building? No? So why should I care what he thinks about anything in the pro audio world? It would be one thing if he just showed how stuff works, or gave gear reviews etc, but he goes much much farther than that. Telling people what’s important and what’s not when it comes to producing music, is not his specialty in the least.

The problem is the social media medium has put guys like glenn fricker on the same level as say, bob rock or Andy sneap. You have major major access to a wealth of information these days, and that’s great! No doubt about it. The problem is when you see glenn fricker has 400,000 subscribers to his page, so SURELY he MUST know what he’s talking about, RIGHT? Because that Andy sneap guy and bob rock guy doesn’t even have a YouTube page or whatever, so forget whatever they say!
I've never heard any big time producer mentioning that Glenn's a laughing stock in the pro audio world.

Back