New Vhx User needs some advice

Necro

Hello all,
first of all I’m really glad i could join this community and i hope i can find the help i need to fix the problems i encountered along the road with my new purchase :).
I managed to get my hand into a vhx.
I was blown away by his sound at the store where i found it. Really overwhelmed.
When I tried it was running into a Harley benton 2x12 with celestion v30 vintage and i was using a guitar 7 cords with nazgul/sentient picks ups.
So tbh apart from the vhx nothing very extraordinary.
When i took it to home and i plugged to my rig i was a bit disappointed.
the rig I’m actually running is the following
cab: huges and Kettner 2x12 v30 vintage
guitar: solar a1.7 with solar duncan pickups
head: Diezel vhx

so apart from the cab which is the same if none better the guitar and the pick ups are the main difference from which i tried at the store and what i tried at home.
The settings are the same. Same eq. cause i stored it from guitar center.

i play mostly heavy music so I’m searching for a really heavy tone.
Using a 7 string guitar
Overall I’m very happy with my purchase but i think i can do far way better.
if anyone can help me more i would really appreciated it
thanks

It will give you a bigger sound, if that is what you want
tnx for the reply first of all,
i'm not searching for a bigger sound.
the problem is that the the sound is a little too fuzzy and expecially in the palm muting there is too much clunckiness (sorry for my english)
i don't know if its a pick up problem, a cone problem of the cab or just a vhx settings tweak

You have a really nice guitar so your pickups should not be an issue. And that amp..you will be able to do anything EQ-wise.I feel like, for amp shine like that, you will want to try a 4x12 to get the full sonic range you want to experience.

You have a really nice guitar so your pickups should not be an issue. And that amp..you will be able to do anything EQ-wise.I feel like, for amp shine like that, you will want to try a 4x12 to get the full sonic range you want to experience.
tnx for the advice. i will for sure try a 4x12 at this point. i'm still learning the settings of the eq and what this amp can do. btw i am amazed of the diezel sound. really really nice

tnx for the advice. i will for sure try a 4x12 at this point. i'm still learning the settings of the eq and what this amp can do. btw i am amazed of the diezel sound. really really nice
A 4x12 is a must like japetus said.thing is you don’t need as much gain as you think for a heavy metal . Especially on a Diezel . A noise gate will tighten up the tone and is an actual part of the heavy metal tone process . Try one if you haven’t

A 4x12 is a must like japetus said.thing is you don’t need as much gain as you think for a heavy metal . Especially on a Diezel . A noise gate will tighten up the tone and is an actual part of the heavy metal tone process . Try one if you haven’t
Can i try the noise gate incorporated in the vhx?

Please send me your mail via PM, I'll send you the new beta firmware.
I believe what you'll need is Shape 0 with the new firmware.

Diezel are very pickup sensitive, but with VHX you should be able to get what you're seeking almost with every pickup.

Thank you,
Leo

Last edited:
Please send me your mail via PM, I'll send you the new beta firmware.
I believe what you'll need is Shape 0 with the new firmware.

Diesel are very pickup sensitive, but with VHX you should be able to get what you're seeking almost with every pickup.

Thank you,
Leo
Can you send me a pm please? I can’t find how to send you a private message XD

So here is quick update:
i changed the cabinet with a Blackstar artisan 4x12 celestin v30 loudspeakers and the sound is now really good.
changed the firmware to the 4.x beta and did some tweak on the eq.
changed the pick ups with duncan nazgul at bridge
overall I’m really impressed but i think i can do better with some tweaking

Back