Have you ever wanted to compare a bias/choke modded 5150 vs 6505 vs 6505+....

I did. Several times. The bias and choke modded 5150 will stay in my collection.

I once did a shootout between three different modders also. I believe it was FJA, Wolfe Amplification, and Kirk Huffnagle. Kirk won, but the Wolfe was a modded combo turned into a head. I miss throwing amp parties. The Wolfe Hellfire was an awesome amp. I wish he didn't give up on building.

I owned a USA 6505 and was always curious if the choke and bias mod made any noticeable difference or not.

It's cool to be able to hear them back to back to back with different riffs, boosted not boosted it's one thing to theorize it's another to actually hear them albeit with YT compression it still provides an good comparison IMHO.

I've always thought 5150's look pretty ugly with the faceplate removed.

The modded 5150 seemed to have a bit less stuffiness going on to the sound.

The bias mod and the choke are the only mods I think are necessary on the 5150 circuit. I feel like that is how the circuit should have came from the factory if Peavey wasn't cheap. Biasing tubes is important to getting them to work properly, and without it, the amp is sterile to err on the side of caution. The choke is just cutting $15-$30 in iron from the build. The choke really tightens up the amp. It is so much more metal after that. The only other common mod on those is to clean up the green channel. What the hell do you need a clean channel for?!

The bias mod and the choke are the only mods I think are necessary on the 5150 circuit. I feel like that is how the circuit should have came from the factory if Peavey wasn't cheap. Biasing tubes is important to getting them to work properly, and without it, the amp is sterile to err on the side of caution. The choke is just cutting $15-$30 in iron from the build. The choke really tightens up the amp. It is so much more metal after that. The only other common mod on those is to clean up the green channel. What the hell do you need a clean channel for?!
Agreed. Back in the day (90's) I had a block and a sig. The sig had the bias and choke mod, Paul C actually put that in for me. I doubt he even remembers it was so long ago. I was fine with the stock one but the modded was just a tad sweeter. Nothing really else needs to be done with those IMO. Obviously wish I still had them.

Back