I only play riffs now, and I don’t care…

Wait until you play complete songs in front of them, on an actual stage, in a venue, with a whole band playing behind you.

Then people really start thinking you're a rock god.

Like to the point where girls try to blow you and stuff.
Yikes... really? :inlove:

I's gonna have ta take up da geetar by da sound of it. :confused:

Yeah..but did you close your performance
by getting down the acoustic and
play & sing the song "Wonderwall"??
At least half-ass get through maybe
the 1st verse before a moon boot
slams into the side of your head..?

Play the intro to I know a little by Skynyrd note for note on a fender twin cranked then i might be impressed. :yes:

Wait until you play complete songs in front of them, on an actual stage, in a venue, with a whole band playing behind you.

Then people really start thinking you're a rock god.

Like to the point where girls try to blow you and stuff.
40 years ago that was common practice. :cool:

It never fails… wow you play guitar. What type of music do you listen to? “Metal”…. Wow, can you play Metallica? Bust out Master of Puppets and you’re an instant guitar god. Or just say I play VH and do the eruption tapping. 🤣

It never fails… wow you play guitar. What type of music do you listen to? “Metal”…. Wow, can you play Metallica? Bust out Master of Puppets and you’re an instant guitar god. Or just say I play VH and do the eruption tapping. 🤣
Usually they ask can you play Nothing Else Matters, at least they've asked me.

When guests pose the “do you play guitar“ question to me, I don’t even have to play riffs. I give them my best Pete Townsend impersonation and smash an inexpensive import guitar (hey, I’m not rich) over their head. I close the demonstration by uttering a one liner, “nailed it in one take”.

You mean you wait for people to ask you to play something? I walk around all day guitar in one hand, amp in the other and a 4x12 cab strapped to my back jumping at the chance to smash innocent bystanders in the face with my massive riffs.

You mean you wait for people to ask you to play something? I walk around all day guitar in one hand, amp in the other and a 4x12 cab strapped to my back jumping at the chance to smash innocent bystanders in the face with my massive riffs.
I pretty much do the same. I crank my half stack in my apartment just to make sure the whole building hears my riffs.

Yeah..but did you close your performance
by getting down the acoustic and
play & sing the song "Wonderwall"??
At least half-ass get through maybe
the 1st verse before a moon boot
slams into the side of your head..?

That video offends me. I play bass.

Back