Waiting 4 months for an Arcane pickup

Fiesta Red

That was in stock and promised to be shipped that week. Multiple contact attempts have been made. Crickets. Fortunately I paid through Paypal and opened up a dispute. This is unfortunate because Arcane makes som good stuff. I have their pickups in a Luxxtone and a Phil X PX-8 and they sound incredible.

At this point I just want a refund.

** Update -- PP ruled in my favor. Also, there has been positive news from Arcane. See post #35 ****

Last edited:
He is supposedly building so many pickups for OEM manufacturers he doesn't have time for his own line. You almost have to buy from instock dealers rather than direct from him.

Sucks that he would tell you it's in stock after waiting 4 months, they should not sell what they don't have bottom line.....😠

He supposedly apprenticed under Tom Holmes the PAF pickup guru, I had a set of his Triple Clone PAF's but I sold the LP that I got them for. I really wanted to hear them to see if they stacked up against the Tom Holmes 455 PAF that are killer pickups but I sold them as an unopened brand new set.

Last edited:
im tired of being told "supply chain, supply chain, give them a break."

It's either in stock or it isnt. These people need to stop lying to customers.

im not a big arcane fan anyways, but hes better than wade LMFAO
Agreed. Sorry to hear this OP. I got mine within 2 weeks when I ordered from him, but that was back in 2017. He didn’t answer emails, but would talk on the phone and was friendly and accessible there. Like DanTravis said there are better pickups out there anyway, but I did like them a little better than MCP

Agreed. If I had a dollar for everyone of these moms-basement builders with not enough business acumen to run a lemonade stand in the desert, I'd be a zillionaire. F-em. And before the defenders pipe in... which always happens...

nobody-gives-a-fuck-pinocchio.gif

Learn how to run a business or go out of business.

Good to hear about PayPal. If you get your money back I’d say just move on to something else. Imo Arcane’s sound good but not amazing. For that price range I prefer Jim Wagner or Wolfetone and if able to spend more Tone Specific is better, but they don’t yet have any Highoutput pickups

Seriously, all of these small companies should just be truthful. I’d rather be told it’s not in stock or won’t be available for 6 months than strung along.
I have absolutely noticed companies using "supply chain" as an automatic excuse lately. I know it's real and people are having problems sourcing stuff, but a simple "it's not in stock, sorry" is better than leading people on.

Go with Manlius or Pariah when it comes to boutique pups. Both are honest about delivery times and sound better than anything I’ve come across. All 9 of my guitars are loaded with them.

I am just hoping that I get a pickup. Something with a shipping number is coming my way. I wanted to talk to him to make sure i got the right setup, but in the end i figured maybe he didn't want to talk and just wanted money. Maybe a lot of people got sick of waiting and backed out getting their paypal refunds and he decided he better get some money..idk.

I will chime in. There is supply chain issues with 53mm (wide) parts in regards to raw parts. Occasional with other parts, but they can be found, you just have to source from multiple suppliers to get all your parts, Almost everything else is available. For wide spacing, I’m having overpay to buy “pickup kits” just to get the keeper bars and baseplates and pretty much not using half the parts in the kit. The reason I’m doing word of mouth and verbal orders is because large quantities simply aren’t readily available to accumulate decent stock. That also why I don’t invoice until the pickup is made.

I just looked at my records. I actually ordered mine the 23rd of last month. So 3 days before this post. I feel bad for you Fiesta, cuz it sucks when you can't get the item you want. Insult to injury is the lack of communication. I guess the guy is just busy as hell. Mabye as scottosan says, guy just got in some parts to make them. Still could have said somethign.

nobody said anything about supply chain issues :confused:

lack of communication is not a supply chain issue. its easy to mistakenly think something is in stock when it isn't. but at some point the dude had to see the order and realize he didn't have the shit and could've sent a quick email then. most customers will wait ridiculous times for what they want if you honest and communicative and willing to refund/give a discount here and there when needed.

nobody said anything about supply chain issues :confused:

lack of communication is not a supply chain issue. its easy to mistakenly think something is in stock when it isn't. but at some point the dude had to see the order and realize he didn't have the shit and could've sent a quick email then. most customers will wait ridiculous times for what they want if you honest and communicative and willing to refund/give a discount here and there when needed.

No one except for every boutique maker for the last year and a half, hahahaha.

There's a reason why a bunch of people liked my post - because they know it's true. Because makers are using this excuse constantly, to cover for their poor communication.

And yes, I agree; if makers are upfront about it, it isn't really an issue.

I will chime in. There is supply chain issues with 53mm (wide) parts in regards to raw parts. Occasional with other parts, but they can be found, you just have to source from multiple suppliers to get all your parts, Almost everything else is available. For wide spacing, I’m having overpay to buy “pickup kits” just to get the keeper bars and baseplates and pretty much not using half the parts in the kit. The reason I’m doing word of mouth and verbal orders is because large quantities simply aren’t readily available to accumulate decent stock. That also why I don’t invoice until the pickup is made.

Even the major companies like Duncan are having problems getting their parts.

But when a customer approaches a seller and asks if they have any in stock, and the seller says "Hey, I got one right here, it's a zebra and has the 78 on it. I can get it out this week if you pay now" -- that's not a supply chain issue.

It's an over-stock of BS.

Even the major companies like Duncan are having problems getting their parts.

But when a customer approaches a seller and asks if they have any in stock, and the seller says "Hey, I got one right here, it's a zebra and has the 78 on it. I can get it out this week if you pay now" -- that's not a supply chain issue.

It's an over-stock of BS.
I’m with you. Communication is key

I’m with you. Communication is key

Agreed. And according to other reports, it's not a strong suit of his. I've bought ones before directly and they have been stellar, and he was great about communicating. The Arcanes in my Luxxtone are perfect for that guitar.

Back