1st time trying a Mesa Dual... video

Sounds great.

I've never liked Rectos by themselves, but if you use a bass cutting boost and go really easy on the Treble and Presence knobs, they will give you some of the best high gain sounds possible. They're also incredibly versatile. Something to note, the diamond plate paints it into such a narrow corner but they can do just about everything with the right pre and post EQ. I love mine.

Last edited:
Enjoy your time with the beast...Rectos are vicious when boosted and dialed in. I was always hesitant buying a Recto or any Mesa because how much I read on forums where people complain about how hard they are to dial. Glad I finally tried a bunch of Mesas because the tones can be awesome and I never had any trouble dialing them in quickly.

Last edited:
Great video! I definitely want to grab a Mesa but not sure whether I should grab a rectifier, Mark V or JP-2C. Hard to know what would overlap tone-wise with the other heads I own.

Not much overlap with many other amps when talking Rectos IMHO. I've owned many amps and nothing sounds like a Recto.

Would that apply more so to the Rectifier series or also to the Mark V and JP-2C?

I've never played a JP-2C but have owned a MKIII green stripe, Blue stripe, and loop modded Mark IIB. There are other amps IMO that get that type of sound. The Recto however, nothing I've owned or played does the Recto thing. The KSR Ares had some Recto in it's tone I feel....almost like a more modern, tighter Dual Recto kind of.

Last edited:
Back