Am I missing out on anything with boutique amps?

That’s not good enough you gotta also have a trendy looking SS with a fancy top that’s drenched in thick poly finish and sounds like furniture with strings, loaded with either EMG’s or Fluence’s or better yet have it with BKP’s like the Aftermath that think they’re more organic sounding. And that’ll only cover metal. I’ll take over the rest with the latest Klon or KoT clone and Dumble and Trainwreck pedals that sound just like the actual amps

Oh my god, I completely forgot. I need a Solar SS or a Kiesel headless to pose for "Striking" thumbnail pictures with crying emojis and a surprised face in profile shot.

That makes sense, you can cover the "first, heres my clean tone" content, which is always followed by demos of three trillion germanium fuzzes no one cares about while making orgasm faces playing the same jimi licks. Ill cover the "metal" territory with lots of jump cuts and the inevitable "use a loop pedal and show the range of every control while making tones no one would use" parts of the video.

But which one of you are gonna take a brief moment to shill the corny RPG dungeons and dragons video game for their sponsors?

Oh my god, I completely forgot. I need a Solar SS or a Kiesel headless to pose for "Striking" thumbnail pictures with crying emojis and a surprised face in profile shot.

That makes sense, you can cover the "first, heres my clean tone" content, which is always followed by demos of three trillion germanium fuzzes no one cares about while making orgasm faces playing the same jimi licks. Ill cover the "metal" territory with lots of jump cuts and the inevitable "use a loop pedal and show the range of every control while making tones no one would use" parts of the video.
Always gotta be prepared with the flavor of the month boutique Blackface or Vox clone as the clean platform like a milkman creamer or a Wampler bravado perhaps. No one uses overdrive pedals in an already overdriven amp anyway because that’s obviously just redundant. I read it’s redundant in a great fiction novel recently that was only $60 and about as long as the Harry Potter books and equally age appropriate

Always gotta be prepared with the flavor of the month boutique Blackface or Vox clone as the clean platform like a milkman creamer or a Wampler bravado perhaps. No one uses overdrive pedals in an already overdriven amp anyway because that’s obviously just redundant. I read it’s redundant in a great fiction novel recently that was only $60 and about as long as the Harry Potter books

Right? Who uses an overdrive into an overdriven amp, when for just 300$ you can boost it with ANOTHER OVERDRIVE?

So many condemn using a boost in front of a high dollar amp and that's their prerogative. If it gets the sound I want, throwing a $50 OD in front of a $5k amp is non-issue for me. Shit I'm not ashamed to say I use an EQ in the loop of that same amp too. The MCII and many other amps I've owned would be useless to me without a boost...I'm not ashamed to say that. With a boost the MCII is basically what I've searched for all my years of tone searching.

So many condemn using a boost in front of a high dollar amp and that's their prerogative. If it gets the sound I want, throwing a $50 OD in front of a $5k amp is non-issue for me. Shit I'm not ashamed to say I use an EQ in the loop of that same amp too. The MCII and many other amps I've owned would be useless to me without a boost...I'm not ashamed to say that. With a boost the MCII is basically what I've searched for all my years of tone searching.
Amen. I boost my channel 2 Bogner XTC. It’s way more brutal than channel 3 that adds a gain stage.

I also boost my 3 stage Marshall. The rest in my collection don’t respond well to boosts.

Amen. I boost my channel 2 Bogner XTC. It’s way more brutal than channel 3 that adds a gain stage.

I also boost my 3 stage Marshall. The rest in my collection don’t respond well to boosts.
yeah, I try to make the amp sound good. whatever that entails, I am not going to cry about. If I have to drink the blood of a goat, or throw a boost in front, it's gonna be just fine.

Spend time in any other hobby/enthusiast forums and you'll see the same thing with boutique gear. Lots of people dropping insane amounts of cash looking for that genie in a bottle or collecting for its own sake. Which is fine until they're convinced that anyone else with a $100 pocket knife is a lowlife moron because they only carry $500+ custom knives, which are at most only used to cut packaging tape.

Spend time in any other hobby/enthusiast forums and you'll see the same thing with boutique gear. Lots of people dropping insane amounts of cash looking for that genie in a bottle or collecting for its own sake. Which is fine until they're convinced that anyone else with a $100 pocket knife is a lowlife moron because they only carry $500+ custom knives, which are at most only used to cut packaging tape.
i found my pocket knife in a porta potty...not in the toilet part.

I’d sell my $4000 metroplex before I let go of my Laney GH100S.

Both do modded Marshall. The ability to cop true 1968 plexi tones is where the additional talent and costs come into play for the Metroplex. In a pinch the modded tone is more important than the true 68 plexi tone.

I’d sell my $4000 metroplex before I let go of my Laney GH100S.

Both do modded Marshall. The ability to cop true 1968 plexi tones is where the additional talent and costs come into play for the Metroplex. In a pinch the modded tone is more important than the true 68 plexi tone.
I wonder which is harder to get in the US at this point a metroplex or Laney GH100S.

I’m not sure. Both are discontinued, both are (seemingly) high demand items, and one was made in England and imported, the other is made in USA and exported.

I’d say I’ve seen more metroplex than GH100S or TI for sale over the past 5 years or so.

I got mine from a studio musician that has about 30 amps and has recorded a few albums. He sold it because he didn’t play it. I got lucky that it was local. This was back before they’ve become more popular.

I just wanted to say I had Diezels (which I love ) and Bogners and I still felt this way when I purchased MTL2. Now I run MTL2 and Diezel at all times . But man MTL2 just sounds so close to an album sounding amp over ever had
I run a Diezel Herbert with a Mesa Mark V + EQs. I wonder if replacing the Mark V with an MTL2 could really be that different.

Back