Best metal out there

I am so impressed that i can tell it is power metal. I am very bad at genres because i am new to metal. I liked tool and pantera for a long time, but who doesn't? So sometimes i will bring up a song, and my friend will be like...That is metalcore, that is terrible. I like how many genres there are of metal. I don't know enough about it, so I just listen to what i like.

The reason for the different genres isn't as much the music, its because of the different fans.

I (and many, many others) shit on metalcore not only because its always the same, derivative, Pantera-meets "Slaughter of the Soul"- with both screaming, and whiny emo vocals, but because the fans of it are always super annoying.

And I was going to say, about my previous reccs, that helloween song is important because it taught me a valuable lesson about chord choice and riff writing. Even in something as frenetic and fast as power metal, sometimes simple choices are the best for the song. (but also, listen to Uli Kusch on drums, holy shit that guy is good)

Shit ALL of those songs taught me lessons like that. That iced earth song taught me the same lesson as above but about lyrics. The Virgin steele song is a fucking insane lesson in changing key, time signature, and rhythm/tempo. But it doesnt feel like it because it flows so well.

this is hard to narrow down to three

this last guy's voice is like the perfect upper mid grind. Sounds like Satan finally welcoming me home, lol.

I had decapitated play in a tiny bar in my hometown once . It was crazy af to pull thst off . Impaled and incantation and vehemence and dead to fall all came . Was a tripped out day

Fuck yeah, brotha. Nobody lays down emotion and atmosphere better IMO.
That Slough Feg is cool as fuck. Never heard them, I’m on it now.

"The coffin ships" by primordial was probably my next one off the list from my post. Alan Averill has so much emotion in his voice typing about it gives me goosebumps.

And slough feg is absolutely amazing. Mike Scalzi is an insanely talented player, and arranger, as well.

"The coffin ships" by primordial was probably my next one off the list from my post. Alan Averill has so much emotion in his voice typing about it gives me goosebumps.

And slough feg is absolutely amazing. Mike Scalzi is an insanely talented player, and arranger, as well.
Alan Averill absolutely destroys me. Nobody sings with more pure emotion and raw conviction than he does. They are such amazing songwriters, they just pull you into their world with their soundscapes.

Back