ToneNerd Hand Wound High Output Pickups

Let me know if that LP ever needs a new home.
I have a Silverburst SG to keep it company. :)
Your clips are killer.

Thanks man! I am so glad I got to try this pup out.. I don't think that guitar is going anywhere - I'm honestly surprised @itsgoodnow agreed to sell it to me - it's probably the best sounding and best playing Les Paul I've ever played, and I've owned a couple norlin era ones and played a million. It's got a couple of battle scars and dings, but it's in remarkable condition for a 15 year old guitar, as well.

Putting Scott's Roxy pickup in the bridge was instantly a "wow" moment. Sometimes you just luck out and a pickup synergizes with a particular piece of wood, and you just know it's "right." At least with my kind of "standard" Larry wet/dry rig, it was like the heavens opened up and the Angels sang.

Thanks man! I am so glad I got to try this pup out.. I don't think that guitar is going anywhere - I'm honestly surprised @itsgoodnow agreed to sell it to me - it's probably the best sounding and best playing Les Paul I've ever played, and I've owned a couple norlin era ones and played a million. It's got a couple of battle scars and dings, but it's in remarkable condition for a 15 year old guitar, as well.

Putting Scott's Roxy pickup in the bridge was instantly a "wow" moment. Sometimes you just luck out and a pickup synergizes with a particular piece of wood, and you just know it's "right." At least with my kind of "standard" Larry wet/dry rig, it was like the heavens opened up and the Angels sang.
Haha that thing is a monster. Glad it went to a good home. An incredible player. Sounds insane. Plus I am a sucker for silverburst (like all the cool people).

Haha that thing is a monster. Glad it went to a good home. An incredible player. Sounds insane. Plus I am a sucker for silverburst (like all the cool people).

It really is. It's a very comfortable les paul weight wise too, its very light - I don't have a proper scale, but on my digital bathroom scale it reads exactly 8lbs flat (!) so i imagine its probably a couple ounces above that in actuality. Honestly every pickup i've had in it (including the stock burstbuckers!) has sounded fantastic, but putting Scottosan's Roxy in the bridge was like pulling the sword from the stone, at least for me.

Hopefully that comes across in the clips - it just seems like that pickup was destined to be in that specific guitar. Contrary to your (much appreciated) flattery, I am not an incredible player, i'm just a 36 year old guy whose best days are behind him :ROFLMAO:

It's funny how chance encounters lead to things like that - I was initially interested in your ESP eclipse, but couldn't come up with the funds before it sold, and you just happened to mention you had a les paul............... *stares off in reverie*

Sometimes its just the right guitar for the right player, and theres some sort of synergy that happens. I'm sure all of you guys have experienced it before.

Last edited:
Dan weigh yourself then weigh yourself again with the guitar in your hand, more accurate way with a bathroom scale

Back