Best metal out there

asking my 3 favorite songs will change depending on day. I always love Carcass, Bolt Thrower. I can listen to any album and be happy. A song I really dig thats an instrumental with one of my favorite sounding tones is Pelican's Drought. Fuck its so heavy and the song just builds up as it goes.

Also I really like Bongripper's Satan Worshipping Doom. I really think thats an album to listen to in its entirety. As far as new metal songs I am so pessimistic and its hard for me to find stuff I like. Like stuff that everyone seems to gush over I hate when I finally listen to it like Ghost, Periphery, Polyphia.... I'm getting old so I think all new music sucks. I feel the same way about hip hop. I love hip hop, downbeat, indie rock, punk rock, death metal, sludge, doom and just about everything in between but every time I find something I really like I look at the release date and its at least 10 years old. I will say I really dig Sylosis so that was one my friends like that I actually really like too.

I took some guitar lessons from Karl last month. Dude is super cool. I really just wanted to talk song writing with him as I already take lessons from Jon Bjork on theory and technique. He lives about an hour away from me so its also cool to talk to someone who is local. He was riding up to my home town to take a Splawn amp to Scott for maintenance so its cool just to see someone successful from N.C./S.C. who is still kicking ass.

He teaches some Cubase in private lessons as well so I may hit him up on that in the future.

asking my 3 favorite songs will change depending on day. I always love Carcass, Bolt Thrower. I can listen to any album and be happy. A song I really dig thats an instrumental with one of my favorite sounding tones is Pelican's Drought. Fuck its so heavy and the song just builds up as it goes.

Also I really like Bongripper's Satan Worshipping Doom. I really think thats an album to listen to in its entirety. As far as new metal songs I am so pessimistic and its hard for me to find stuff I like. Like stuff that everyone seems to gush over I hate when I finally listen to it like Ghost, Periphery, Polyphia.... I'm getting old so I think all new music sucks. I feel the same way about hip hop. I love hip hop, downbeat, indie rock, punk rock, death metal, sludge, doom and just about everything in between but every time I find something I really like I look at the release date and its at least 10 years old. I will say I really dig Sylosis so that was one my friends like that I actually really like too.

Heartwork is a masterpiece.

You know. I was pissed when it zoomed on the bassist on that mastadon song. I always want to see the guitarists fingers. But that guy is a goddamned rockstar. That song is badass.
Jurassic kind of reminds me of Meshuggah at the start, and I love Meshuggah. But that is a really good song.
Really like that Gojira song. I have liked quite a few of their songs, but never heard this one.

You know. I was pissed when it zoomed on the bassist on that mastadon song. I always want to see the guitarists fingers. But that guy is a goddamned rockstar. That song is badass.
Jurassic kind of reminds me of Meshuggah at the start, and I love Meshuggah. But that is a really good song.
Really like that Gojira song. I have liked quite a few of their songs, but never heard this one.
When a band is playing shit so good it makes them kick their own legs and assume metal poses and shit when they play it... Yea that's the shit I'm into.

Metal blade posted full virtual performances of both the last two ocean records. They are phenomenal...

Back