What mods can I have done to my MC?

Use the line out and run W/D. It sounds infinitely better than running the entire signal through the AD/DA conversion process of some digital FX unit.

I don't use the loop for effects per say, just an eq in there to beef up the tone. The tone of every amp I've ever owned has benefitted tremendously from that. Removes the boxiness and widens the sonic footprint. I feel without the eq in the loop the tone is meh. I've tried running the eq out front on a few amps, but honestly quit trying many many amps ago and just haven't bought an amp since without a loop. This is just me of course and many feel what I do ruins the tone. Such a subjective/personal thing that way we all perceive tone.

I don't use the loop for effects per say, just an eq in there to beef up the tone. The tone of every amp I've ever owned has benefitted tremendously from that. Removes the boxiness and widens the sonic footprint. I feel without the eq in the loop the tone is meh. I've tried running the eq out front on a few amps, but honestly quit trying many many amps ago and just haven't bought an amp since without a loop. This is just me of course and many feel what I do ruins the tone. Such a subjective/personal thing that way we all perceive tone.

Cool. Yeah. you need a loop for that. I use my Mesa 5-band from time to time.

Use the line out and run W/D. It sounds infinitely better than running the entire signal through the AD/DA conversion process of some digital FX unit.

1000%. This is what I do with my larry, even though the loop is great (and par/serial selectable, and line/inst selectable)

It's not that I dont trust the loop, its that I don't trust the entirety of my tone to the converters in some fx unit :ROFLMAO:

I do understand the EQ thing, with a loop, but IMO if you get the right amp for you, you shouldn't need it :dunno:

That being said, loops have gotten a LOT better in recent years, from the insanely bad passive ones back in the day. The Metro loop, Friedman, lots of people have gotten the loop in a much better place that it was.... but I still prefer wet/dry

Back