Bluetooth Headphones

MrDowntown

Putting together a “quite”/practice rig…
Asking Santa for some Bluetooth headphones.

Will 100$ Get a good set?

I'd say no, but I have limited experience. My wife has some Jabra BT earbuds that are $170 and they sound...good, not excellent. I decided to try a $50 pair with good reviews and they sucked. I'm picky though and generally don't like the sound quality of BT. Hopefully eventually it catches up to wired as more and more devices are losing their headphone jacks.

bluetooth does not deal with latency. AFAICT there is no bluetooth rig that you can use as a guitar practice rig.

Or am I in 2005?

kinda what i figured.

so a good set of cans, with a wire obviously.
light weight, sound good, decently long cable.

$100 range

Bluetooth has latency.

Really, I would go up to the $100-$200 range for headphones. There are some great options around the $150 mark that would be better that cheaper alternatives. I have Audio Technica and Beyerdynamic headphones in that range that work and sound great. I have a few cheaper pairs I use when I need to record a disrespectful turd that can't hang my headphones up after a take, and there is a noticeable difference. It works like a punishment at that point. If my headphones end up on the floor, you get to use the cheap shit. I just wish they came in pink.

If you get closed back, they block out the surroundings better and isolate better for tracking. If you don't need to isolate or worry about headphone bleed into a microphone, get some open back headphones. The Beyerdynamic DT 990s are great open back headphones that sound really natural.

Back