Amp Help Tech Question

Will check with my bias meter. Thanks! Sounds like will a need trip to my tech sadly… he’s not cheap

Yeah and unfortunately a transformer isn't going to be cheap either. I hope you are able to find a replacement that was exactly what was in the amp, both spec wise and brand. Is there any brand name or numbers on the transformer, is the builder still around to ask what brand they used? Might want to start the conversation.

Yeah and unfortunately a transformer isn't going to be cheap either. I hope you are able to find a replacement that was exactly what was in the amp, both spec wise and brand. Is there any brand name or numbers on the transformer, is the builder still around to ask what brand they used? Might want to start the conversation.
Well let’s see first if that’s what’s needed. Will have to check on its transformer info. It’s from 2017, so guessing should still be around. Naylor seems to be very slow to respond and hard to reach though

I'm not super versed in amp circuits, but I have a hard time believing the tranny blew from 10-20 seconds of no load. I bet there's something else going on.

I'm sure it's not impossible....but it's certainly not common. I've done this same shit countless times with no issues :LOL:

Yes, that’s how I got into this problem in the first place lol, but will give that a try
Did you smell anything? I seriously doubt it's the transformer. I have literally done this several times and have yet to fry an OT. I have fried screen resistors and I have actually popped a couple caps.

Did you smell anything? I seriously doubt it's the transformer. I have literally done this several times and have yet to fry an OT. I have fried screen resistors and I have actually popped a couple caps.
I've done this too; showing up too close to call for a gig and set up too fast; probably a minute after checking my pedal cables then....OH SHIT!...turned the amp off; got everything connected right and then crossed my fingers.
Luckily it still worked. I agree, no way it could be a transformer in that short of time.

Reactions: PDC
No smells, smoke or anything of the sort. I was thinking same thing and first thing I was trying to look for when it happened because there have been times for me in the past with older amps where I’ve seen that happen

So I tried again just putting the fast blo fuse from my other Naylor into this one again and it seems to work perfectly again. Not sure why it didn’t work before when I tried that, but for now seems all good. Guess I’ll just order another one of those fuses (500mA,250V)

Glad it was an easy fix!!!

Yeah...usually with trouble shooting electrical or mechanical issues, it's always best to start with the simplest things and double check before moving on to more complicated diagnosis. I am guilty of jumping the gun so many times and I beat myself up for it. I used to be a mechanic and was trained to start with basics always...but been out of the field so long I got back into bad habits.

Back