Thinking of grabbing a JCM 800

"Save on shipping and pick it up in person."

brgtj-480.jpg

If you read it, he’s hustling his amp mods and is listing for an outrageous price to both get attention and to side hustle his amp mods knowing that his auction will stay up free of charge since it won’t sell

If you read it, he’s hustling his amp mods and is listing for an outrageous price to both get attention and to side hustle his amp mods knowing that his auction will stay up free of charge since it won’t sell

I did notice his mod plugs...didn't associate with what your saying...makes sense though.

I think reverb removed that part.

If I had to pick a post-COVID crazy glass ceiling price for a JCM800 - $3,000.00. If I’m reaching in my pocket deeper than $3k, I’m considering Friedman, Metropoulos, etc. Hell, I can get one of Michael RTs heads for under $3k.

Remember in the mid 2000's when "nobody" wanted a JCM 800 and the prices you could get them for on the used market? Especially the 2205/2210 models...I think part of the increase in demand must be the proliferation of products like the 2notes Captor boxes, Suhr Reactive Load, etc. I could have bought a JCM 800 for cheap a few times and always was tempted, but knew in my living situation at the time that it would be pointless. Even though in my experience a reactive load box still isn't as good as running into a cab - even for recording purposes - they've allowed people to use amps again that are otherwise prohibitively loud.

Also the concept of "Homo economicus" or "rational economic man" is observably horseshit.

It’s getting very hard to find an original JCM 800 that isn’t beat up and/or messed around by modders. Hence really clean unmolested ones are doing 2.5-3k here in Canada. Just supply and demand. Look how much production US Charvel Pro Mods and their parts from the 2008-2010 run are going for now.

Back