New Volbeat

jeff5

I'm really digging the new Volbeat. It's probably their best since Outlaw Gentleman and Shady Ladies and is much heavier than Rewind, Replay, Rebound. Some folks have criticized it because there are a few lighter songs, but so what? Not only are they good, but they break up the album nicely and add to the overall feel. And of course Rob's playing is awesome as always.

I haven't heard anything off their new album yet, but I really dig Volbeat. The first time I heard them (and heard of them) was when they were an opening band along with Lacuna Coil for a Megadeth/Motorhead show, '06 I think. Lemmy ended up calling in sick so Megadeth headlined. Volbeat opened and really got the crowd pumping. Not knowing who they were at the time, it sounded like they brought their A game and really impressed me. I picked up their album the next day & have been a fan ever since.

I caught a show in Nashville some years back: Avatar (main band I went to see), Killswitch, Volbeat, Avenged Sevenfold.

Avatar were absolutely great, and Killswitch were tight too. Volbeat really were a surprise and they did a great job of working the crowd, I was honestly surprised. Not a fan of Avenged Sevenfold, we left a short time into their set.

Saw them live a few years back. Best act out of Denmark.
2599.jpg

I really tried to get into them. Musically I think they're great. I just can't stand the singer.
He's not for everyone. I don't hate him nor do i love everything he does but it fits what they are going for. he's clearly studied at the school of Hetfield.

They've definitely mellowed out and diversified their sound. I like it though, and they still put out some punishing songs. Poulsen's voice can be polarizing and I understand that too.

Back