Anyone ship to London from U.S. ??

MYLILSS

Have a guy on reverb wanting to buy a guitar I have up for sale but he is in London. How big of a hassle is it to ship across the pond ? I’ve used the post office for stuff to Canada, but have no idea where to start with international shipping. Is it too much of a hassle and not worth it, or is there a trick to simplifying it ?

USPS has size limits for international. Thinks a guitar would be too big. Easiest way to do it is have them send you a UPS/FedEx/DHL shipping label…. Put the work on them. Only way I ship international these days. Unless a small box to Canada. Otherwise not worth the effort.

Have a guy on reverb wanting to buy a guitar I have up for sale but he is in London. How big of a hassle is it to ship across the pond ? I’ve used the post office for stuff to Canada, but have no idea where to start with international shipping. Is it too much of a hassle and not worth it, or is there a trick to simplifying it ?

I've literally shipped $5000+ guitars and gear all over the globe. Japan, Germany, and Australia just to name a few. I always use FedEx. Declare full value, overpack it and require a signature. They have to pay VAT tax on it before the courier will deliver. It's sucks for the buyer. Just make sure they know that beforehand. I will take and cut down cardboard boxes and do a double box or sorts. I have never had an issue. I know some people have issues with shipping gear. I do not. If I could not get items shipped to me I would not have amassed the collection I have.

I wouldn't do it for a random reverb buyer, unless I got to know them first.

I've sent guitars to Japan and South Korea, as well as Hungary, without issue - but i've always had a pre-existing relationship with them.

You can suss out if they are legit fairly quickly if you zoom or talk on the phone.

Thanks fellas ! Y’all just confirmed my exact thoughts on it, so I’m gonna pass. Too many question marks for me to feel comfortable doing it.

I live in London and have bought expensive guitars and amps on reverb from the US, Japan, Hong Kong etc. without any issues. Only annoying thing is having to pay import duties on arrival...

I call & use Fedex Great Rates for shipping to the UK, Germany & France. Other EU countries are way too expensive with Fedex but not those three due to lots of flights. Only shipped speakers up to a 30x16x16 box, though.

I have used niparcels.com with great success. They are a DHL reseller and very professional.

Buying from across an ocean shouldn't be a big deal.
That re-issue Marshall head you buy at Guitar Center started life across the Atlantic.
And anyone wanna try and guess how many assorted stop boxes are shipped across
the Pacific every year?!?!?

Use a major carrier and have them sign off on the packing ahead of time for insurance purposes.

Hey there! I've shipped to London before and it's definitely doable. I recommend using a reliable road freight service like DHL, UPS, or FedEx. They all have great international shipping options and tracking, so you can keep an eye on your package every step of the way. If you're looking for an alternative, there are also many reliable road freight services to Austria as well. Just be sure to check on customs regulations and fees before you ship, and make sure you have all the necessary paperwork in order. Good luck with your guitar sale!

Last edited:
Back