Snagged another Simul Satellite... Not letting this one go...

I cant find anything on a mk iii satellite at all in my literature from 89- late 90s..im pretty sure I have all the brochures ...I collect them.The simul is listed in the mk iv literature and brochures...as a head or combo.

I think the Mesa Satellite 60 is the Mark III satellite ? It's different from the Simul Satellite :

ovhgmry9l6ndkg5f0aui.jpg

I think the Mesa Satellite 60 is the Mark III satellite ? It's different from the Simul Satellite :

ovhgmry9l6ndkg5f0aui.jpg

From the Mark IV manual:
“Mesa/Boogie offers two different Satellite companion amplifiers[…] A simple 60 watt version called the Satellite Sixty, as well as a 75 watt Simul-Class with Graphic EQ make up this supportive duo with the Simul-Satellite being the obvious choice for most Mark IV owners.”
The Mark III manual doesn’t mention any of this. That being said, I wouldn’t be surprised at all that both the Satellite versions were built out of leftover Mark III chassis and parts.

Very cool pickup Jim, I also have a mark Iva that is waiting for a recap. I can see the satellite being really useful in a reamp setup as well, which I am doing a lot these days with my vintage amps.

Is a 1990 mark iva vintage? Sure hope not, lol

don't worry fellas, i'll take it apart and take lots of pictures. we'll get to the bottom of this :p and i've seen mark IVa listed as vintage, so thats all the confirmation bias i need. woo-hoo! keep that resale value climbing!

showed up today. needed a little cleaning up inside, probably gunna be replacing the Master pot as deoxit isn't curing the crackle, but its in pretty good shape, and works great! tubes are newer. I can hear the "mark III-ness" in it, if that makes sense. pumping the mark IVa through the fx return, if you turn down the mark Iv and just have the SS, you can hear its a bit bouncier if that makes since. hard to explain. sounds heavenly
together.

i'm pretty sure those are old mark III black and purple stripe boards inside, just not fully populated.

Last edited:
Very cool pickup Jim, I also have a mark Iva that is waiting for a recap. I can see the satellite being really useful in a reamp setup as well, which I am doing a lot these days with my vintage amps.

Is a 1990 mark iva vintage? Sure hope not, lol
you going to do it yourself or send it in?

What's the magic here, why not just use a poweramp and save the space??
Seems like it’s similar to slaving to another Mark, but bypassing the preamp and using another GEQ and Simul power section. Kinda like when I slaved my SRG C+ to a loop modded B Coli. Huge.

The GEQ is after the preamp in a mark. Slaving into the satelite does not have the benifit of the eq. That's my understanding so I don't see the point.

The GEQ is after the preamp in a mark. Slaving into the satelite does not have the benifit of the eq. That's my understanding so I don't see the point.
Well, when I slaved my 60 C+ into my B Coli I was able to use the EQ in the Coli-on top of the EQ in the C+. Talk about the ‘Double Scoop’ effect…it was pure METAL madness 😂

I imagine the Satellite does the same? But maybe not….

Back