Friedman Ben Eller 100 vs Ben Eller Mini

Wonder how many times Dave will hear BenEller100 before someone gets hit with a empty bottle of scotch.

I've too many amps and still want a BE and think Ben does a great job as a teacher/demo guy. Thanks for posting.

Last edited:
I asked Ben what amp he got when he said he had finally got one of his dream amps. He sent me a pic of his BE100. Considering he is pretty spoiled with nice things these days that is a hell of a complement. I like Ben a lot and Im glad to see him successful. I went to one of his and Andy Wood's clinics a couple years back and it was pretty dang awesome. Even though many people play better than me, I am rarely jealous of someone's playing. Im am totally jealous of Andy Wood. I'm not a big fan of his typical genre but the guy has great tone and skill

I asked Ben what amp he got when he said he had finally got one of his dream amps. He sent me a pic of his BE100. Considering he is pretty spoiled with nice things these days that is a hell of a complement. I like Ben a lot and Im glad to see him successful. I went to one of his and Andy Wood's clinics a couple years back and it was pretty dang awesome. Even though many people play better than me, I am rarely jealous of someone's playing. Im am totally jealous of Andy Wood. I'm not a big fan of his typical genre but the guy has great tone and skill
Andy Wood is a monster. He’s one of the few that used to hang out around here and left.

I follow his YouTube channel and respect his playing style and ability. The dudes crazy good - I’d say up there with Paul Gilbert both in talent and theory.

Andy Wood is a monster. He’s one of the few that used to hang out around here and left.

I follow his YouTube channel and respect his playing style and ability. The dudes crazy good - I’d say up there with Paul Gilbert both in talent and theory.
Completely agree. He reminds me of taking someone like Paul Gilbert then smashing him with Frank Gambale and Eric Johnson. Someone who can go from Shredding to playing Austin City Limits. The Live at the Bijou show that's on YouTube is fantastic.

My solution for that guy is John 5.
I'd prefer to listen elevator Fleetwood Mac muzak
then a universe of scales with the perfect taste..
Screw that, you hear the sounds AW can pull out of his Telecaster? SICK!
Has he written any songs you can apply in daily
life?
Suhr and the scientology'like roster of the best of the best scale dude's..can any of them write a song that's worth a shit?
You know what I mean?
These guys have mastered the fretboard
like a machine learning algorithm 'contemplating' in your cellular telephone.
At least Mike Tyson was entertaining..he'll eat your children..etc
F'n John Daly all lit up commanding & calling out the pretty boy floyd meatheads on the golf course..-punk rock.

Who does KORN sound like?
Who does Pink Floyd sound like?
Who do The Doors sound like?
Ya feel me?
We need THOSE dude's!!!

To this moment...
all I see is John BONHAM
running that jackhammer into the concrete
while high beaming the bossman with those fierce Manson lamps......

Last edited:
Andy is a monster. I'm convinced part of it is that he came up as a mandolin\bluegrass guy before he moved to guitar. He's constantly in my playlist.

Andy is a monster. I'm convinced part of it is that he came up as a mandolin\bluegrass guy before he moved to guitar. He's constantly in my playlist.
Yeah my guitar teacher has gotten me into hybrid picking lately and it had increased my respect for those guys.

Back