I really want a Diezel, but....

I had a Herbert mark 1 and loved it, very tight and aggressive. Sadly i sold it.. i paid 1900 for it 1 1/2 to 2 years ago, in mint condition going rate then was 2000. Now you can't hardly find one under 2500 most are near 3000. I wanted to try a D Moll but haven't pulled the trigger. I think a Diezel is a great amp if you are looking for more modern tones but i did not find it to be like a modded marshall so it depends on what style of music you play.

If you want a secret sauce then get the Diezel VH4-2 pedal and use that in front of a tube amp with a good clean channel and power stage.

Sounds very close to the real thing. Very big sound. That pedal is a true pre-amp made by Diezel.

Diezels aren't super scooped TBH, that's just how many extreme metal guys set them.

As far as "natural" inherent "scooped ness" I would rank the Herbert as the most scooped (even though it has plenty of mids to cut thru a mix) then the vh4 then the Hagen

Out of the diezels I've played, anyways.

They certainly don't get lost in a mix, unless you set them like an idiot.

VH4 and Hagen for me in any jam or live setting (before covid hit that is) - was NEVER an issue and always got ridiculous praise for my tone.
Diezels are a special breed.
I never gelled with the Herbert.

VH4 and Hagen for me in any jam or live setting (before covid hit that is) - was NEVER an issue and always got ridiculous praise for my tone.
Diezels are a special breed.
I never gelled with the Herbert.
See I’m opposite. I love my Herberts but never gel with Vh4. And idk if it’s I play really loud but Herbert has been total fine live . I hooked mk 1 and 3 together once live and it was great

See I’m opposite. I love my Herberts but never gel with Vh4. And idk if it’s I play really loud but Herbert has been total fine live . I hooked mk 1 and 3 together once live and it was great
That's the beauty of Diezels - they keep their sonic DNA wholly intact across every amp, but offer just enough difference in feel, tone, playability and function to appeal to all ends of the spectrum of those who actually love their inherent DNA tonal characteristics. It's pretty awesome man, and I must confess - I only tried a Mk.1 - but the new Mk.III gives me a rubbery one - might just be a matter of time 😆

That's the beauty of Diezels - they keep their sonic DNA wholly intact across every amp, but offer just enough difference in feel, tone, playability and function to appeal to all ends of the spectrum of those who actually love their inherent DNA tonal characteristics. It's pretty awesome man, and I must confess - I only tried a Mk.1 - but the new Mk.III gives me a rubbery one - might just be a matter of time 😆

See that's the problem with Diezel...it gives you a "rubbery one" which I correlate to their soft/warm/round attack. You need something to combat that rubbery problem...try a Fryette or Wizard...hard/stiff/direct attack...sure to take you from rubbery to high and hard :cool:

See that's the problem with Diezel...it gives you a "rubbery one" which I correlate to their soft/warm/round attack. You need something to combat that rubbery problem...try a Fryette or Wizard...hard/stiff/direct attack...sure to take you from rubbery to high and hard :cool:
Fryette D120 D60 UL FANBOY RIGHT HERE!!!!! Donchoo be tellin' ME 'bout no hard/stiff/direct attack Fryette amps - have a look at my history of mentioning Fryette amps (and cabs) - as one of the MOST underrated overlooked amazing brutal amps out there - yes, I am a fanboy of Fryette/VHT, hell to the yeah 😆

Fryette D120 D60 UL FANBOY RIGHT HERE!!!!! Donchoo be tellin' ME 'bout no hard/stiff/direct attack Fryette amps - have a look at my history of mentioning Fryette amps (and cabs) - as one of the MOST underrated overlooked amazing brutal amps out there - yes, I am a fanboy of Fryette/VHT, hell to the yeah 😆

Shit...I know what a fanboy you are...just being a smart ass and poking the bear LOL!

It’s closer to a vh4 than mk 1 . I love all diezels !

Great advice on the Wizrds & Fryettes/VHT IMHO.

My JP2C was a big dissapointment too. The most un-Mesa mesa I've ever owned. Couldn't get rid of it fast enough.

Great advice on the Wizrds & Fryettes/VHT IMHO.

My JP2C was a big dissapointment too. The most un-Mesa mesa I've ever owned. Couldn't get rid of it fast enough.
I Love my Hermansson and wizards but I still love my Diezels . You can live them all

Back