Hermansson Mod

I sniff corks with the best of them. I love braintheory describing shit. I love wizards and they cant be replaced, but i dont hear the same thing with the hermansson. They both sou d great. Just like the larry. But they are all kick ass amps. I have never even heard clips of the naylor. But i want to play that damned purpleface you always talking about. It sounds badass
I’ve kept my Wizard MTL for almost 5 years now, so I’m definitely a fan. Like you said nothing else I’ve had quite does what they do (to me it’s mostly it’s hard hitting punch). The Purpleface is one of my faves. I have some plans in February to get some clips/vids together. Just need my friend to help because I wanna do it right and am terrible at any tech related stuff

I got to hear that Purpleface VH4 someday!
Absolutely! If I ever get down to Nashville I’ll bring it down or if you’re in the New York City area come on by. Of all the amps I’ve got the ones you most need to hear imo are that, the Gjika, Schroeder and Alessandro. The rest you either already have or have heard at some point haha

I do appreciate the invitation and will love to stop by whenever I'm in your area.
I'll say the same to you... whenever you're in the Nashville area, please stop by for some amp geeking and loud guitar playing!

This is where our ears differ I guess. As soon as he plays that first distorted chord I hear what I interpret as a good modern sound, but with a very flat midrange, it’s like that juicy thing of the Marshall mids that make them special was taken out. Honestly though all the modded Marshall’s I’ve had so far lost that midrange (all the Cameron mods I’ve had, Monomyth’s, Friedman’s, Kruse, etc). They all seem to lose it after the mods. They still sounded great, especially some of those Cameron’s, but kinda became a different flavor. I had last year my tech return my ‘79 JMP2203 back to stock and I immediately realized how much was missing when it was modded
I definitely prefer boosted Marshall’s over modded ones. You can easily change what you’re boosting with for different flavor but always retain the great stock sound. I will admit Henric’s clips have always impressed me with the dynamics from the guitar volume and would like to hear more of his amps doing more Classic hard rock to see how they perform with that style.

I definitely prefer boosted Marshall’s over modded ones. You can easily change what you’re boosting with for different flavor but always retain the great stock sound. I will admit Henric’s clips have always impressed me with the dynamics from the guitar volume and would like to hear more of his amps doing more Classic hard rock to see how they perform with that style.
Yeah I find my ‘79 JMP2203 or ‘67 Tremolo with my Klon to be in many ways a better sound than the modded ones I’ve had, but a different flavor/feel with the mods vs stock boosted

Will still have to try a Hermansson mod to see if I like it as much or more than my other stuff or not

I just got my Hermansson Marshall 5 gain stage, single channel, with all the options recently, and it became one of my all time faves quickly.
It's the only modded Marshall that does sound like an amazing sounding late 60's early 70's Marshall, when the the Hermansson gain is below 10:00 and the switches are off. Then, as you add the switches and turn the knobs, you can make this thing sound like from early live AC/DC to Meshuggah, without the need of a external boost or eq. And when it does the Meshuggah thing, it does it 100X better than the fortin amp with the 33.
So, it does the old Marshall thing is spades, and I have a 65 JTM45, late 66 JMP50 and a 66 JTM45/100, all originals, to compare the Hermansson with.
It does the 80's thing insanely well. Even the AFD tone this amp does it incredible well. Not to mention it can do traditional trash metal to perfection.
It does the 90's thing perfectly, since the low end can be as air moving as the Rectifier series or VH4.
And it does more modern stuff better than most everything I heard, because of how you can shape the EQ, making the attack and response of the notes faster or slower.
I do own some decent high gain amps, and been through way more hg amps than I wish I did, and the ones that are the most pleasant to play, that feels like the amp interact with your fingers and the guitar, are the CCVs and some of Mark's mods. My 2C+ and the Larry Dino are close seconds. The Hermansson I got went straight number one, right there with the Cameron stuff. Even with the gain backed out a lot, and the Tight control maxed, the amp plays by itself.
It's the amp that I have been playing 80% of the time. And I'm not a great or very clean player, so, I do pass on amps that, even sounding amazing, do feel stiff.
The Hermansson, on the other hand, makes me wanna play guitar all day.
So much that I'm already getting a 3 gain stage mod and will be on the list for one of his own amp.

thats awesome. you getting yours got me playing mine again and it really is special.

its not a marshall but this ones a little more classic rock and honestly i think my favorite of the clips ive seen

its not a marshall but this ones a little more classic rock and honestly i think my favorite of the clips ive seen

Agreed that sounds great in that clip. Not to sound negative though, but I really wish guys would totally ditch all that reverb or anything of that nature when demoing gear. It really imo clutters things up too much and takes away from getting a better sense of the amp’s tone, but otherwise I really like what I heard there

I just got my Hermansson Marshall 5 gain stage, single channel, with all the options recently, and it became one of my all time faves quickly.
It's the only modded Marshall that does sound like an amazing sounding late 60's early 70's Marshall, when the the Hermansson gain is below 10:00 and the switches are off. Then, as you add the switches and turn the knobs, you can make this thing sound like from early live AC/DC to Meshuggah, without the need of a external boost or eq. And when it does the Meshuggah thing, it does it 100X better than the fortin amp with the 33.
So, it does the old Marshall thing is spades, and I have a 65 JTM45, late 66 JMP50 and a 66 JTM45/100, all originals, to compare the Hermansson with.
It does the 80's thing insanely well. Even the AFD tone this amp does it incredible well. Not to mention it can do traditional trash metal to perfection.
It does the 90's thing perfectly, since the low end can be as air moving as the Rectifier series or VH4.
And it does more modern stuff better than most everything I heard, because of how you can shape the EQ, making the attack and response of the notes faster or slower.
I do own some decent high gain amps, and been through way more hg amps than I wish I did, and the ones that are the most pleasant to play, that feels like the amp interact with your fingers and the guitar, are the CCVs and some of Mark's mods. My 2C+ and the Larry Dino are close seconds. The Hermansson I got went straight number one, right there with the Cameron stuff. Even with the gain backed out a lot, and the Tight control maxed, the amp plays by itself.
It's the amp that I have been playing 80% of the time. And I'm not a great or very clean player, so, I do pass on amps that, even sounding amazing, do feel stiff.
So much that I'm already getting a 3 gain stage mod and will be on the list for one of his own amp.
It is very impressive to hear that!! I can't wait his own production line.

This is very encouraging!
I'm having Henrik add a dedicated clean channel to mine.

Back