School me on Wizard amp

MAGE7

Jimi Hendrix is my favorite guitar player which wizard amp would be a great base to start build his tone E34ls or KT88 id go either 100 or 150 w and which transformers ? apparently i get to choose that too. which Wizard cab/speaker combinations would you use ? questions questions questions i know but i am about to drop +/-10K$ speaking of which...
i am in the pacific everything i import has 50% tax on it, does rick include canadian tax in his price or can you ask him to remove it ? i'll be glad so i don't end up paying 13K$

Last edited:
I think I'd be looking at Marshall or Germino to chase Hendrix tones. I had a Germino club 40 side by side with an MCII and they both could do Hendrix no problem, but the Germino was warmer and rounder while the Wizard does it in a brighter more brash way. The Germino just sounds more natural for those tones.

Any Wizard could surely get you there, but in a different more modern & edgier way.With the right pedals you can get some good Hendrix type tones out of an MTL or MC. A Timmy into the MCII Rhythm ch can easily get that raunchy type blues thing but again it's more brash. I bet some fuzz pedals would sound great.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, but i am stubborn and still want to buy a wizard 🤷‍♂️
I guess i would not try to copycat Hendrix tone then.
I think i read every page on this forum and others forums talking about wizards amps but still can't decide which one to buy, :bash:

Thanks guys, but i am stubborn and still want to buy a wizard 🤷‍♂️
I guess i would not try to copycat Hendrix tone then.
I think i read every page on this forum and others forums talking about wizards amps but still can't decide which one to buy, :bash:

Don't over think it and just buy one, because chances are you'll wind up with another or selling your first to try others anyway :yes: Any Wizard will be an experience and will do blues to classic rock tones all the way to death metal with pedals. It'll just do the classic stuff with a modern edge is all. I've had six Wizards and every one was amazing. You can't really go wrong.

Don't over think it and just buy one, because chances are you'll wind up with another or selling your first to try others anyway :yes: Any Wizard will be an experience and will do blues to classic rock tones all the way to death metal with pedals. It'll just do the classic stuff with a modern edge is all. I've had six Wizards and every one was amazing. You can't really go wrong.
Guy that just bought my MC25 said " well shit, this amp is just a gateway drug to the bigger ones... for sure I'll be getting a 50 or 100 " This was after about 20 minutes if playing it and hearing me go through it too...

The low input of the W800 does lowergain tones like that perfect. if you push it with a tubescreamer and have the amp gain low, it has that blues "gain" which would probably suit you better. But I think it would be strange to buy the amp for the low input, though I enjoy both inputs quite a bit depending on what I am playing.

I might be late to the party since you already bought one, but I will say this, no matter which Wizard amp you get, they all will share 80% similar dna overall tone/dynamic etc. So you can not possibly go wrong, you can get amazing blues/classic rock tones on the MTL too, so don't let the name fool your ears.

I might be late to the party since you already bought one, but I will say this, no matter which Wizard amp you get, they all will share 80% similar dna overall tone/dynamic etc. So you can not possibly go wrong, you can get amazing blues/classic rock tones on the MTL too, so don't let the name fool your ears.
The dude that bought my MC25 two weeks ago has already ordered a 100 watt Hybrid from Rick :rock:

Back