What piece of gear will you never part with?

Both of my "bought brand new" Splawn heads.. but only because I'd take a bath on them if/when I ever decided to sell them. LOL

This.

Attachments

• 20210831_074622.jpg
    20210831_074622.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 36
I mean you guys all know what I'm gonna say.

This amp is so perfect for my playing style it's ridiculous. Alot of people that lust after these, and end up getting one and selling it, must not be doing very much recording. Because it's so far above and beyond any amp I've owned or played that it's ridiculous.

But ....glamour shot, anyways, as a flex:
PXL_20220101_202504105.jpg

Also, honorable mention to the Gibson LP standard edgeburst @itsgoodnow sold me, it's still too early to say "never selling" but I'm certainly in love right now with it. It's one of the most comfortable Les pauls I've ever played, and just has "it." All of the LP guys will know what I'm talking about. It's just one of those Les Pauls where all the stars aligned.

PXL_20220101_202633658.jpg

My Laney GH100S is up there. iIt’s a 4 gain stage JCM800 and a first year model of an entire series Made in England.

Id say honestly my custom one off 1974 2203. It’s a culmination of years of amp modding experience and it’s every bit as good as my Bogner 101B with MM iron

Hear for yourself:

I love the amps/cabs/guitar I have right now more than at any other point in time I think, but I'll part with anything and everything at some point. Just a matter of boredom, wanting to try something new, or wanting to shuffle funds to things other than gear. I don't get attached to material things honestly.

In my haste, I forgot a couple things.

I also will never sell my holy grail, 1993, 6sh7 Matchless Clubman. I know this is more of a TGP amp than an RT amp, but you guys are missing out. It does everything from Hendrix Plexi clean to 90s alternative rock tones in a godlike way. @SBlue really hooked me up when he sold this to me, and I'll never get rid of it. It's the best clean/edge of breakup amp I've ever heard.

PXL_20220101_210306725.jpg

Also pedals. I'm never selling the Strymon volante - the stereo/panning options and control is unreal, and so is the sound.

The Lawrence Petross Sixty 8 is the most amplike drive pedal in both response and sound I've ever played, I've had it for years and am never getting rid of it. It's an excellent tool for insuring you aren't effed over by backline - stick a boost in front, and instant, decent drive tones.

PXL_20220101_210318327.jpg

Okay, now I'm done, promise

Back