What piece of gear will you never part with?

Guitar:

3551D95F-E7A4-4BBC-B303-9433B1019891.jpeg

Built by a friend that’s since had kids/gotten married etc and quit building. Irreplaceable.

Amp:

266FF25E-B508-42B8-A22E-0F6C6AC47443.jpeg

Such a disgusting deal from one of the best guys on here that I could never replace it for what I paid. I’ll leave it alone for a few weeks and think about trading or selling and then stack it against one of my or a friend’s amps and it always comes out on top for what I do.

Everything else could be sold and picked back up at a later date but these two would be really hard to let go of and not be able to find them again.

VESmedic - completely agree!

My tastes have broadened over time and I really enjoy playing a variety guitar / amp combinations.

However my ‘99 VH4 + PRS Swamp Ash Special has been closest to the ideal wall of sound tone that’s in my head.

Really if what I had left could inspire me to play that would be enough to keep the spark alive.

Oddly I bought a 1986 E series black Stratocaster when I was 16 years old; 35 years ago! I didn’t know how good it was until I started purchasing higher end guitars. My fingers just seem to love this guitar. I’ll be buried with it. Pic of my son and I for a Thanksgiving gig. He came home for holiday and hopped up on stage and did 3 tunes. I had not played with him for 7 years. Planets aligned!

Attachments

• A8D9FACA-E45C-4C95-8C98-F193ECEA9BF0.jpeg
    A8D9FACA-E45C-4C95-8C98-F193ECEA9BF0.jpeg
    873.1 KB · Views: 39
I don't think there's a piece of gear that I couldn't part with. As long as I can get ahold of 1978 - 1983 LP Custom w/maple neck, Flying V, Stratocaster and a couple of good amps, I'm good to go. If there's anything in the way of gear that I cherish, it would be my '87 Marshall SJ 2554, VOX AC15HTVH, '82 LP Custom, RMC10 wah, Nocturne Mystery Brain BS-301, Crowther Double Hotcake, KOT, Phase 90, Electric Mistress, Pig Mine fuzz, T-Rex Replicator Jr, and Nord Lead 3 synthesizer. The boost side of the Nocturne Mystery Brain adds something to the sound that can't get with other pedals, not even the KLON.

The gear that I've let go of is another story... Items that I wish I still had: '79 Ibanez PS10, 2 x '72 Marshall SL100 half-stack, Boogie MKIIC+ (no graphic EQ) 60 watt combo, nitro finished MM EVH Aqua, '78 LP Custom BB, EP2 Echoplex, RE-301 Space Echo, Colorsound boost, MOOG Rouge and Taurus pedals.

Oddly I bought a 1986 E series black Stratocaster when I was 16 years old; 35 years ago! I didn’t know how good it was until I started purchasing higher end guitars. My fingers just seem to love this guitar. I’ll be buried with it. Pic of my son and I for a Thanksgiving gig. He came home for holiday and hopped up on stage and did 3 tunes. I had not played with him for 7 years. Planets aligned!

I have an 88' E series black Strat too and you're right on how great they play.

Back