Favorite amp blend

Where are these Grammy winning clips of blended amps??
Blending implies the one amp isn't getting the job done.. Say it isn't so. RT guys don't have the perfect amp... :ROFLMAO:
Seems to me using 2 different Mics would do the same thing a lot easier..
This is what I do. One amp, 2-4 mics.

Not that amp blending is bad - its especially good for the super heavy stuff. Esp on recording.

But i'm going for more 80s ish sounds, and plus I havent found ANY amp I would rather blend, then get a couple mics on my larry.

To answer your question, literally every metal recording the past 20-30 years has blended amps - especially for the rhythm tone.

A Diezel Herbert or VH4 blended with an Orange with a MXR Sub Machine(octave mode off) in front of it.
Triple mic'd with a Beyerdynamic M201,R121 and a condenser.

I always blend two amp heads for my tone . Recording or live . My fav blend is a Wizard MTL2 with a Diezel Herbert mk 1. I have a mk 3 and a vh 4 but I like the mk 1 best .The wizard is almost perfect to me but the Diezel low end and compression fills it out . Any how I was wondering what your all favorite amp blends are . Any 2 .
I used to run a boosted 2203zw half stack with a tremoverb half stack. The 2nd amp I used to run slightly behind the first with just a touch of delay. Sounded like a wall of death. That was the only tone I could get because of how I had it set up, but fuck.....more death than a graveyard.....

I used to run a boosted 2203zw half stack with a tremoverb half stack. The 2nd amp I used to run slightly behind the first with just a touch of delay. Sounded like a wall of death. That was the only tone I could get because of how I had it set up, but fuck.....more death than a graveyard.....
That’s what I love ! I can’t go back . I mean all the album tones we love are mostly amp blends . Just makes sense it founds better to us

Wow I missed this thread somehow.

For me, Uberschall either mixed with VH4 or Rockerverb MKII or MKIII. Sounds super thick and is a massive wall of sound on hanging chords.

So many ways to thicken up recorded tracks without having to blend amps. Use one type of mic per pass but a different mic for double tracking. Or expand that idea to 4 mics for quad tracking. Only have one amp and one mic? No problem. Dial in the amp slightly different on the doubled track. Use a different channel or types of tubes on the same amp. Tune your guitar a few cents sharp or flat for the doubled part. Use different picks. Mic a different speaker or cabinet for the double track. Use different guitars for layering parts. Some of these tips can provide more dramatic results than merely swapping various generic, highly compressed sterile sounding modern high gain amps for different tracks.

So many ways to thicken up recorded tracks without having to blend amps. Use one type of mic per pass but a different mic for double tracking. Or expand that idea to 4 mics for quad tracking. Only have one amp and one mic? No problem. Dial in the amp slightly different on the doubled track. Use a different channel or types of tubes on the same amp. Tune your guitar a few cents sharp or flat for the doubled part. Use different picks. Mic a different speaker or cabinet for the double track. Use different guitars for layering parts. Some of these tips can provide more dramatic results than merely swapping various generic, highly compressed sterile sounding modern high gain amps for different tracks.
It’s crazy how one crappy tone mixed with a good one can come out right. Definitely cool ideas bro

Back