What piece of gear will you never part with?

My 79 Les Paul Custom is definitely my lifer.

IMG_8852.JPG

I regretted every amps I had and sold. Mostly Fryettes and a 5150. Now Ill never sell my Fryette Classi and ST50, and my jackson slsmg and my PRS Mark Holcomb, sorry for the lack of pics but everything is stock hehe. Oh and there is a Revv 100P also in coming in the mail right now that Ill keep also if it is as good as its supposed to be.

My block letter 5150 and my Spector Forte twins (fretted and fretless). I wish I could find a guitar that makes me feel the way I feel about those basses.

Last edited:
For me it’s my Lynch box cabs. Had them 18 years. Amps come and go. All amps sound huge thru these cabs. My ESP kamikazie. Given to me by a dear friend. Never going anywhere.
Man, I had one of these and they ARE killer sounding...kinda greenback-ish with a splash of V30....but, when I really cranked an SLO through it, discovered 2 of the speakers were torn...had to return it. But up till then, killer tone.

Never say never.... but right now Im completely inspired and happy with my Tim Pierce owned Naylor SD60... and my Les Paul G0/R0. Thinking of adding a Collings 290, but may have to wait til tax season..... Cheers and happy 2022

Last edited:
Never say never.... but right now Im completely inspired and happy with my Tim Pierce owned Naylor SD60... and my Les Paul R0. Thinking of adding a Collings 290, but may have to wait til tax season..... Cheers and happy 2022
What’s the R0 look like?

I may as well chime in too.

1. I have a silverburst Les Paul Axcess custom in a stoptail. It just sounds insane and plays perfectly. I am refretting this in stainless jumbos now and hopefully it keeps the playability. I have an Olive one and a Black Beauty style one, and this one seems to be just a bit better.
  2. I have an LSL XT4 deluxe with a burl. It is probably the best player I have and I am having another built in a Tele style now in buckeye burl. It was so surprising because I knew little about the company but it sent most of my other high end bolt-ons packing.
  3. A 2005? PRS Custom 24 10 top. This was my main gigging guitar for a decade and it looks like it got dragged behind a truck. I worked my ass off to buy it and used to lust after PRS guitars for years. Then I finally got the cash together as a teenager and put in my first new guitar order. I got it and it wasn't nearly as cool looking as I had hoped flipping through pages of PRS guitar private stock books...I was expecting that. But I have way too much sentimental attachment to it and it is probably the best playing PRS I have ever owned.
  4. Soldano SLO-100 Rack head owned by Marty Friedman. It's just cool and sounds great.
  5. Omega Granophyre that was done for me in the a walnut face headshell and other small changes. It sounds awesome.
  6. Wizard MTL II
  7. Mesa IIC+(+) HRG Longhead. Switchable ++ mod on a push pull and sent back to Mike B for a tune up last. year. It is an original headshell and basically Excellent+ condition. Sounds great and it matches my IV long head.
  8. A 1987 Marshall Silver Jubilee in excellent condition. I have owned others and this one just stomps all over the old ones. It is bizarre. It really is not even close.
  9. Fortin Cali that just has the sound I love.
  10. The rack stuff. It was a bitch to collect it all and each piece has a wild story behind them. It would be hard to round up these pieces together again and just looking at it makes me grin.
This is a long list but for me this is the stuff where I would never let these go and would sell everything else long before them.

IMG-4531.jpgIMG-4532.jpgIMG-4534.jpgIMG-4535.jpgIMG-4536.jpgIMG-4537.jpgIMG-4540.jpgIMG-4539.jpg
IMG-4533.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-4538.jpg
    IMG-4538.jpg
    966.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Back