Actually good female guitarists?

All this hate for Nita, I just don’t get it. She is a phenomenal player. I’m not saying she is in my top 20 but it’s important to recognize something special when you see it. She is the real deal. Seems to me some folks having a hard time coming to terms that guitar isn’t just for guys, the gals got some that can throw down! 🤘

All this hate for Nita, I just don’t get it. She is a phenomenal player. I’m not saying she is in my top 20 but it’s important to recognize something special when you see it. She is the real deal. Seems to me some folks having a hard time coming to terms that guitar isn’t just for guys, the gals got some that can throw down! 🤘

It's not that she can't play, it's that she's not anywhere near as good at guitar as she is famous for playing guitar. It's not that women can't play either; there's a bunch posted in this thread that absolutely can.

There are literally hundreds of thousands of men who are just as talented as Nita (or more) that you've never heard of, because they don't look like a supermodel.

That's why Nita gets the hate.

It's not that she can't play, it's that she's not anywhere near as good at guitar as she is famous for playing guitar. It's not that women can't play either; there's a bunch posted in this thread that absolutely can.

There are literally hundreds of thousands of men who are just as talented as Nita (or more) that you've never heard of, because they don't look like a supermodel.

That's why Nita gets the hate.

So she's hated because she's beautiful and she can play guitar at the same time ? Sounds like jealousy to me. Look has always been very important in entertainment.

No hate here. She suffers, for me, from what most instrumentalists do. Tonus Interuptus. i could never hate a girl who loves guitar and fills out spandex like she does. She's a L.A. 5 but a South Dakota 9...lol. She's out there doing her thing and if she's wringing out some success out of this meatgrinder industry, more power to her. I can count instrumentalists I listen to on one finger. JB.

If you dig her, more power to you man. And if you can rub one out to her, even more power to you.

I'd just have to mute the audio to get it done.
Bro let's face it the 80's women shredders were all sizzle no steak. If they were fat and ugly nobody would have cared. I am sure there was some ugly fat amazing shredder female out there in the world, she'd probably have a billion hits on youtube these days ironically. It's like wrestling, sex sells in the 80's shred game.

She's a L.A. 5 but a South Dakota 9...lol.
The playing field would be vastly leveled if men had boobs (not moobs...) Flip side is if men had boobs we would never leave the house :ROFLMAO:

That's the thing I don't get...hook us on the merits of what we're hearing, NOT what we're seeing. Jennifer Batten lives near me and plays locally often, she utterly destroys most any guitar player of any gender nightly, and she's about a South Dakota 4.....

I mean it's perfectly OK not to be a fan of a particular guitarist for their playing style or how they present themselves. Saying it's jealousy is a bit of a stretch not everyone wants to be a professional musician. I think Michael Bay is a shit director. Doesn't mean I'm jealous that he can direct and made a killing doing it.

I guess my dislike of Nita isn't as much her fault as it is the media. They put her on a pedalstool at the expense of other great female guitarist. Nili Brosh has shared the stage with Steve Vai and played with Dethklok but doesn't get 1 twentieth of the attention that Nita does. The only logical reason is that Nili isn't on every photoshoot in a sports bra. Alice Cooper has like 3-4 live guitarist but she is the only one that gets a mention. I get it bleach blondes sell magazines. It's kind of a gimmick that isn't unique to pop stars.

Tina S. but she dropped off the face of the planet. I think she died or something

Is she the girl that used to play the Vigier? She was young.

One thing I noticed on Instagram is pretty girls, “playing along,” to complex guitar songs. You can hear the song but you can’t hear the slightest bit of their playing. One girl played a Jason Becker song and you could not hear the slightest hint of her guitar, yet in the comments she was hailed as a guitar god of the highest order. I can’t stand that shit. Play the guitar so we can hear it. It’s the equivalent of lip syncing. It’s a joke. I left a comment on one that said, “play it by yourself without the real song so we can hear you play,” and people went nuts on me and got super mad that I would dare question her talent. You could tell by watching her fingers that if we heard her play that it would be nothing short of atrocious.

But, Lari Basillio, and Nilly Brosch are great players. And if Tina S is the girl I am thinking of, she was really good for being so young. I think I read that she was a violin prodigy before taking up shredding on electric. I think she might have been French, but I have no clue if she died. That would awful. But, I haven’t seen a video by her in many years.

With Nita it's interesting, as her initial try out for Alice Cooper she was shot down. She had to go back and learn basics, then earn her way in. I honestly think she's just an average player that gets by on her looks. The list of unattractive female famous guitar players is short. Now apply that to male players.

If you dig her, more power to you man. And if you can rub one out to her, even more power to you.

I'd just have to mute the audio to get it done.

Never said I cared about her one way or another. All I know is she has built a successful career. I can understand some ugly and less talented people might be jealous.

Is she the girl that used to play the Vigier? She was young.

One thing I noticed on Instagram is pretty girls, “playing along,” to complex guitar songs. You can hear the song but you can’t hear the slightest bit of their playing. One girl played a Jason Becker song and you could not hear the slightest hint of her guitar, yet in the comments she was hailed as a guitar god of the highest order. I can’t stand that shit. Play the guitar so we can hear it. It’s the equivalent of lip syncing. It’s a joke. I left a comment on one that said, “play it by yourself without the real song so we can hear you play,” and people went nuts on me and got super mad that I would dare question her talent. You could tell by watching her fingers that if we heard her play that it would be nothing short of atrocious.

But, Lari Basillio, and Nilly Brosch are great players. And if Tina S is the girl I am thinking of, she was really good for being so young. I think I read that she was a violin prodigy before taking up shredding on electric. I think she might have been French, but I have no clue if she died. That would awful. But, I haven’t seen a video by her in many years.
Yeah she was the french girl. Some say she just got into another field. Some say she died. She has almost a million followers on YouTube so she probably does ok on YouTube alone if she is still alive.

Steph Goyer is pretty good too. Has some nice phrasing in her songs. Really clean player as well

Back