Well.. Musician's Friend shafted me today.

I bought a new Slash Goldtop from GC, it came new, double boxed with all items accounted for. I felt pretty lucky. 99% of my “Guitar Store” shopping is done with SW. No issues. I just received a new Mesa 412 last month in perfect condition. Let’s just say I was very concerned as FedEx/UPS don’t take much care with large items. I received an ENGL XXL 412 years ago (UPS) and every corner of the box was damaged and every corner of the cab was smashed in.

Yeah last I asked, you can't return a MF purchase to GC.

I've not ordered from MF in forever. I've generally had good luck with GC. There are mishaps but you just get your money back and move on.
I tried it. Bought from MF, shipped from local GC. GC wouldn't take it back. Sucked.
I guess I'm lucky that we have some good GCs with great staff around here. I have good rapport, and don't get screwed around.
Of course, I've been shopping in this area since the 90s, so...

LIke since they used to send paper catalogs in the mail.
About all they are good for.

Now Warren - post your new studio you have been working on and where this gear is going :yes:

Also, I would return the Pitchfork, get your money back, and figure out a different tuner. I personally like the Snark clip on tuners. Easy to read and silent tuning to boot. I literally just bought 4 of them and I only have 2 guitars. Just my .311 cents.

I have a horrible memory/story of a similar guitar. My fellow bandmate had a buddy who I knew from occasional get togethers. He had some nice gear. Made good money and didn't ever wanna wait for stuff. For 3 years he would stop by our jam practices, bring gear, drink some beers. He had a 2011 Les Paul Trad Pro Goldtop. Thing played awesome! Everytime he would say might sell it. I said numerous times to him point blank give me a call, or give me first dibs on it.

One day out of nowhere he text me saying he is bringing it to guitar center to trade for a combo. I text him back "do not take that trade value, I will give you $100 more right now." Didn't hear from him for hours. He traded it in. Got like $800 trade in for it. I was livid. LIVID! I still don't forgive him. HAHA. I just didn't understand why he would even text me to tell me he was gonna do that, then do it after I said not to? It was like a big fuck you tease. Son of a bitch, now I'm worked up!
Sounds to me like he didn't want to see you enjoying something that he didn't. That... or, you're a better player than he is, and he's jealous. Maybe a little bit of both.

Yeah last I asked, you can't return a MF purchase to GC.

I've not ordered from MF in forever. I've generally had good luck with GC. There are mishaps but you just get your money back and move on.
They told me I could return it to GC since it shipped from GC. I asked for a return label since GC is 45 minutes away and he obliged. Guy was cool and gave me his direct number. I'm not into the whole gear advisor BS bit I'd call this dude again if I was ordering.

About all they are good for.

Now Warren - post your new studio you have been working on and where this gear is going :yes:

Also, I would return the Pitchfork, get your money back, and figure out a different tuner. I personally like the Snark clip on tuners. Easy to read and silent tuning to boot. I literally just bought 4 of them and I only have 2 guitars. Just my .311 cents.

Yeah, I took advantage of the 4 Snark clip on tuners the last time MF had a "Stupid Deal of the Day" on them. I keep them scattered all over the place, within easy reach in case I need a tuner. LOL

Ahhhh, Musician’s Friend….the only company that I have ever ordered a 7 string V from and they shipped me a 4 string bass. Bless them.
Haha. I ordered a used Mesa 4x12 from GC and they sent me a 1x15 bass cab instead. Oops! A week later that GC called when someone noticed the 4x12 was still on the floor but sold in their computer system. I just laughed and returned it; thankfully my local GC accepted my explanation (I left the bass cab in the shipping box etc).

You know why these stories piss me off so bad? Because for me, it is all about the details. It means that person taking the order, doesn't give a crap that you saved up your money and chose their company to give you thr product. I understand some mistakes and that people are human but this happens way too often.

I was in the military and every day I made sure my name tag and ribbons were straight, my hair was cut, and I ooked like a badass. Why? Because I was representing my country and everyone that wore the uniform before I did. Put your phone down, wipe off your Cheetoes-coated fingers, and order me the right damn guitar.

Rant over. I'm not saying Sweetwater is perfect but I get candy and the right product. Musicians sent me a scratched Jackson back in 1992, two broken LINE 6 Flextone II amps, and dropped the ball too many times.

You know why these stories piss me off so bad? Because for me, it is all about the details. It means that person taking the order, doesn't give a crap that you saved up your money and chose their company to give you thr product. I understand some mistakes and that people are human but this happens way too often.

I was in the military and every day I made sure my name tag and ribbons were straight, my hair was cut, and I ooked like a badass. Why? Because I was representing my country and everyone that wore the uniform before I did. Put your phone down, wipe off your Cheetoes-coated fingers, and order me the right damn guitar.

Rant over. I'm not saying Sweetwater is perfect but I get candy and the right product. Musicians sent me a scratched Jackson back in 1992, two broken LINE 6 Flextone II amps, and dropped the ball too many times.
I totally agree. I don’t care what field it is, but it sure seems like nobody does there job anymore. Meanwhile I sit on hold for hours to tell them how to do it for them. The left hand has no idea what the right hands doing and nobody’s accountable anymore.

Last edited:
I totally agree. I don’t care what field it is, but it sure seems like nobody does there job anymore. Meanwhile I sit on hold for hours to tell them how to do for them. The left hand has no idea what the right hands doing and nobody’s accountable anymore.
Exactly man. People don't think stuff like that is a big deal bit it really is. My friend got a fried chicken sandwich at our work a few months ago and when he slept into it, the middle was pink gelletin chicken cold as a freezer. He took it down there and the lady said "oh ok, I'll put it back in the fryer". How about you don't kill me with bacteria today.

Back