new amp day, Mark iic+

My my how times have changed. I remember the Mark series amps were your absolute nemesis in the amp world back in the HCAF days LOL Very nice score dude. Enjoy it. If not, at minimum you scored an investment piece.

Those mark iv dorks that ruined every thread back then had to be combatted lol, and I loved lamb of god but hated their tone.

Nice score dude! If you ever need a footswitch for it, I make them all contained in one unit. It irks me that you have to buy two $50 pedals from Mesa.. and they're two different orientations. I won't crowd your thread with pics unless you're interested.

Man you deserve one at this point. Keep looking and if you have the cash, you'll get one!

And ultra HNAD!! I wonder what these amps will be valued at in 50 years? Especially if factories stop making tubes by then.
Thanks man fr . What a beautiful one you got as well . Again congrats!
Man you deserve one at this point. Keep looking and if you have the cash, you'll get one!

And ultra HNAD!! I wonder what these amps will be valued at in 50 years? Especially if factories stop making tubes by then.
Thanks for the kind words ! Fingers crossed ! And what a beautiful one you found as well ! Congrats again !

Forgive me if this is blasphemy. But how does the original IIC+ compare in sounds to the JP-2C or even Mark V IIC+ channel?

Last edited:
With the 2022 tax laws, sellers are turning to CL to unload their gear. Until someone like Donnie B. informs the IRS what people are up too, the coast is clear.

Forgive me if this is blasphemy. But how does the original IIC+ compare in sounds to the JP-2C or even Mark V IIC+ channel?

I have a DRG, SRG and the "new" JP2C with the Schumacher transformers. I have spent many hours between the three by myself and with some buddies. I can tell you that the JP2C can do every bit of what these amps do in terms of tone, feel, and gain.. I didn't want to really believe it. There's a real reason why John Petrucci uses these amps, and that reason is they nail the IIC+ tone. They're more versatile with being midi compatible, separate EQs, independent reverb controls and the cab clone, it's a no brainer.

Is it more fun opening up a nearly 40 year old amp and have it melt your face better than any other amp out there? Yes. There is something about the IIC's that make them painfully loud at 3+ on the master volume. However I'm not going to feel bad selling my IIC's for some stupid price years from now and still be able to shred on the JP2C.

I have a DRG, SRG and the "new" JP2C with the Schumacher transformers. I have spent many hours between the three by myself and with some buddies. I can tell you that the JP2C can do every bit of what these amps do in terms of tone, feel, and gain.. I didn't want to really believe it. There's a real reason why John Petrucci uses these amps, and that reason is they nail the IIC+ tone. They're more versatile with being midi compatible, separate EQs, independent reverb controls and the cab clone, it's a no brainer.

Is it more fun opening up a nearly 40 year old amp and have it melt your face better than any other amp out there? Yes. There is something about the IIC's that make them painfully loud at 3+ on the master volume. However I'm not going to feel bad selling my IIC's for some stupid price years from now and still be able to shred on the JP2C.
When the JP2C started to come with the Schumacher transformers?

When the JP2C started to come with the Schumacher transformers?

Mesa's primary transformer company, Magnetic Components, went out of business in 2020. They now use Schumacher (again). I ordered my JP2C in Nov 2020 and didn't receive it until October 2021. Took them about a year to R&D new transformers and I guess get the approval from John Boy Pucci.

No brainer? I'll put up any one of my originals against that amp and own it all day long, are you friends with elliot!?!!!

Last edited:
Honestly, i don’t know how anyone could play a c+ side-by-side with a JP-2C and not immediately recognize differences.

The JP is a great amp - I still have one. But it is WAY more compressed and saturated than a IIc+. Dialing in low-to-mid range gain is also markedly different between the two amps.

Even my wife commented on how much more ‘muffled’ the JP sounded when I was A/Bing it with an original.

Back