2022 Gear Plans!!! Post Them Up!!!

Currently being built:
- 2 x Chubtone Superstrats.

Being built mid-January:
- Hermannson 5-Stage 100W Head with dedicated clean channel.

Deposits down:
- Red Plate Magica 50W Head.
- Achillies Vertical 2x12 cab with V30/Greenback speakers.

All above items are fully endorsed by the little lady!

I can play more than one amp at a time. I cannot play more than one guitar at a time.
Sure you can.

Michael-Angelo-Batio.jpg

And my gear year is starting off pretty good. After a long-ish wait my MusiKraft neck build has landed.

20220108_065429.jpg

20220108_065504.jpg

Debating on whether to put a deposit on a cool Jackson Custom Shop Soloist that a dealer has on order for delivery late this year or early next. Only thing holding me back? Sticker shock that is enough to make your jaw drop and fall of your chair simultaneously.

What are your plans for 2022 Gear Wise?

This is what I’m hoping to grab in 2022, not a guarantee but a list I’m pulling from.

- (Possibly) another 4x12 BX cabinet loaded with Celestion Creamback 75Hz

- Royer 101 Ribbon Mic
- Shure SM57 Mic
- Mic Cables
- Mic preamp of some type
- Setting up recording through an interface
- Line 6 Helix Rack
- Yamaha SPX 90
- Boss NS-2 Pedal
- Charvel Pro Mod in White
I'd I didn't love my Charvel Pro Mod so much, I'd sell it to you. Lol. Was owned by thr Miss May I guitarist and traveled the world.

I would like to get an SM7B mic for vocals and wouldn't mind a nice Gibson SG. I'm sure something rose will catch my eye too. Lol!

1. Send Marshall out to get modded.
2. Super strat, late 60's relic'd sunburst look with 1 pick-up and concentric pot.
3. Improved acoustic set-up, vocalizer and BOSE P.A. type deal. If the band situation isn't better, I'll do some acoustic gigs to get my ha-ha's.
4. Bass head to replace the one I have.

2 speakers for my Pro Reverb. Not sure yet. Probably just V30's or a GB and V30.
A recording interface. UAudio of some kind.
A great set of headphones. Probably Focal or HD800
Mobius, unless I can find something smaller for some of the destroyer effects (megaphone, AM radio etc.)
Maybe some BKP's to replace the Fishmans in my strandberg

My Hermansson comes in March ! Very very excited ! And the Mark3 with ++ mod and new shell is coming by February. Just got emails so I thought I’d update . I’m super pumped

My first gear acquisition of 2022 is on its way: my Headfirst Cali 50w! Very excited about this amp. Jason was awesome and just posted a video of my exact amp that he recorded before it left Australia, check it out below.

Otherwise, I've been selling so far to make room for some microphones, recording gear, and a few things coming through later this year. Specifically, I've got a Friedman Naked Mk III on order and I'm definitely going to pick up the Friedman "Classic Line" Van Halen Plexi if it drops this year.

Oh and I've been paying for repairs... I've had three guys sell me broken amps in the last few months (two I believe were intentional -- i.e., they knew it was broken when they shipped it -- and the other I think the guy was just an idiot and didn't realize a feature on the amp wasn't working correctly). My Rev F Dual Rectifier also got messed up in my move and I had to have that repaired too. Bummer but it can all be fixed :)

Congrats . I watched this video the other day . Sounds awesome. His wizard MTL head was killer too

My KSR Dual Lead Gemini and matching cab. Kyle has been waiting on Transformers for a while.

An FM9.

Always keeping a lookout for a more normally priced Mark IV.

Edit: my buddy dropped off his JP2C to me last night and I just fired it up, and I'm gonna have to add this to the list

Last edited:
Back