Sold: Wizard MC I 100 Watt

itsgoodnow

Hey All,

I am seeing if there is interest in my Wizard MC I 100 Watt. This has a C transformer (more Marshall style voicing), and a depth mod. I am not the original owner, the previous owner claims it was installed by Rick but I have not verified this. However, the amp sounds insane. I simply have too many M style amps and this is just collecting dust. I do not believe there are any cosmetic imperfections on the amp and it is in perfect working order. I am selling a few things to fund some other music endeavors. I owned a MC II KT150 and still own a MTL 2, and love this one a lot--it just has too much overlap for other things for me. This is the most open and raw sounding Wizard I have ever played. I have played a recent MC II and to my ear it came across as a bit darker and smoother. 3750 shipped. Reasonable offers always entertained.

Last edited:
Hey All,

I am seeing if there is interest in my Wizard MC I 100 Watt. This has a C transformer (more Marshall style voicing), and a depth mod. I am not the original owner, the previous owner claims it was installed by Rick but I have not verified this. However, the amp sounds insane. I simply have too many M style amps and this is just collecting dust. I do not believe there are any cosmetic imperfections on the amp and it is in perfect working order. I am selling a few things to fund some other music endeavors. I owned a MC II KT150 and still own a MTL 2, and love this one a lot--it just has too much overlap for other things for me. This is the most open and raw sounding Wizard I have ever played. I have played a recent MC II and to my ear it came across as a bit darker and smoother. 3750 shipped.

Dude killer!

At least IME I prefer the MCs with the C tranny.
I gotta say this is the amp that made me really believe in the difference in transformer selection. Which sounds obvious but you think "How different could it be?" The answer in my opinion is a lot. This thing is raw as hell, has the grind, insanely open. It sounded significantly different than the other one I played. I lean more towards the raw bark and this one has it.

Nice......I'm not the Wizard expert by any stretch. I'm guessing, based on my extremely limited experience that was made around 2011-2012? (of course ya could email Rick the serial number and he would tell you).

I say that because I bought an MC1 50 off eBay back in 2019 for $2,000. The back panel looked the same configuration. I sent it to Rick in early 2020 right when Covid hit. He did a full upgrade to 2020 spec's: New output XFMR, effects loop, Lead Bright control on the back, Rhythm Boost, shit-canned that big ass clunky impedance select sw, and new silk screened back panel as opposed to those cheap-ass looking P-Touch labels I see on so many that have been modded. The amp pre-mod used to pop loudly sometimes when switching channels. All switching very quiet after it came back.

$1,745 total for the up grade. Was well worth it for me.

nZsomGb.jpg
Rp1NciF.jpg

I still love this amp. It definitely has it's own thing going.

Finally got a new head shell for it last year (has the venilation cut-out and grate on top, the old one did not).

Even though that MC50 goosed me to get MC25, MTL MKII KT200, and MCII KT150. My MC50 still makes me smile everytime I play thru it.

Back