NGDx2!! Suhr Modern Satin Flame & Charvel Guthrie Govan

gbsmusic

I've had both of these for a couple weeks. I wanted to wait to make sure I wasn't just in a honeymoon phase before I posted NGDs on them. The Suhr is the 1st I've owned. I had high expectations and with both of these guitars they have been exceeded incredibly! I had made an offer on the Charvel and I thought it expired in 24 hours but 4 hours after I bought the Suhr I get an invoice saying my offer has been accepted so now I have 2 of the best guitars I've ever owned. I'm probably going to have to sell one of them. GAS hit hard and I spent $ I shouldn't have. I can't choose which one. I will probably just put both up for sale and which ever sells first I'll keep the other because I don't like one more than the other. On the other hand if things work out way I hope I will be keeping both of them time will tell if you get a chance to check one of these out they are definitely incredible playing/sounding guitars with incredible craftsmanship!!

Attachments

• IMG_2969_remastered.jpg
    IMG_2969_remastered.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2972_remastered.jpg
    IMG_2972_remastered.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2965_remastered.jpg
    IMG_2965_remastered.jpg
    507.9 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2971_remastered.jpg
    IMG_2971_remastered.jpg
    819.9 KB · Views: 77
  • 20211223_135304_remastered.jpg
    20211223_135304_remastered.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 106
  • 20211223_145419_remastered.jpg
    20211223_145419_remastered.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 71
  • 20211223_135329_remastered.jpg
    20211223_135329_remastered.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 67
  • 20211223_135814_remastered.jpg
    20211223_135814_remastered.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Congrats! I love my Suhr Modern Flame. It's my first Suhr as well.
It would be highly considered if I could have only one guitar.
I set mine up according to Suhr specs and it's the easiest playing guitar I've ever had.
Hope you love yours as much and enjoy it for years!

Congratulations! I own a Suhr Modern Guthrie Govan Spec and it’s awesome. Of all the gear that has come and gone my suhr is still here.

Congratulations! I own a Suhr Modern Guthrie Govan Spec and it’s awesome. Of all the gear that has come and gone my suhr is still here.
I rarely see the Suhr GGs go up for sale. I wonder why he switched to Charvel?

Would really suck if you put them both up and they both instantly sell :LOL:

Epic guitars man!! :love:

Suhr makes great guitars, but, that headstock is a deal-breaker for me. Has to be one of the worst I've ever seen. Worse than the Jackson pointy, IMO. For the record, the Jackson pointy looks great on the Rhoads and Kelly. That's where it should have stayed.

Suhr makes great guitars, but, that headstock is a deal-breaker for me. Has to be one of the worst I've ever seen. Worse than the Jackson pointy, IMO. For the record, the Jackson pointy looks great on the Rhoads and Kelly. That's where it should have stayed.
That's funny it doesn't bother me it's a completely quartersawn neck.

Yeah the headstock doesn’t bother me at all.
I rarely see the Suhr GGs go up for sale. I wonder why he switched to Charvel?
In one of his Tone Talk interviews, John Suhr states that Guthrie left due to them having someone handling artist relations that should never have had the position and has since been removed from the company.

Back